Brighter Futures for Children: Residential Social Care Workers (Relief)
Brighter Futures for Children Ltd
Requires staff for immediate employment
Residential Social Care Workers (Relief)
Salary: €28,000 - €32,000 pro rata a year (Depending on experience)
Brighter Futures for Children (BFFC) Ltd aims to help children overcome developmental trauma resulting from adverse childhood experiences such as neglect and child abuse. BFFC specializes in the provision of therapeutic home environments wherein children enjoy positive nurturing relationships with supportive adults. For this reason, all staff are expected to undertake therapeutic training and continuous personal therapy throughout the life time of their employment with BFFC. Additionally, BFFC will commission and provide evidence-informed therapeutic intervention that have demonstrated effectiveness in assisting traumatized to heal.
BFFC is committed to the ongoing development of professional competence in staff and will ensure access to support, training, and mentoring. Career opportunities in management will also become available to existing staff as the company expands.
Job Description Summary
Providing a Key-Worker role to traumatized children to ensure positive outcomes
Work effectively as part of a social care staff team and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
Ensuring that social care/therapeutic interventions are delivered appropriately to children in accordance with guidance set by Social Care Manager.
Ensuring interventions are delivered with adherence to government legislation and organizational policy and procedures.
Abide by health & safety requirements consistently.
Work on a rota basis including overnights and weekend cover.
Cleaning and cooking duties.
If you do not have one of the qualifications listed below, you will not be short-listed.
Ordinary or Higher Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by a recognized body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by HETAC/IT (Level 7)
Ordinary or Higher Bachelor’s Degree in childcare awarded by a recognized body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications
Ordinary or Higher Bachelor’s Degree in Social Care awarded by a recognized body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualification
Diploma in Social Care awarded by HETAC/IT (Level 7)
Diploma in Applied Social Studies/Social Care from IT (Level 7)
Ordinary or Higher Bachelor’s Degree in Social Care Practice awarded by a recognized body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications)
National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities), The Open Training College (HETAC Accredited, Level 7)
An equivalent social care qualification. Qualifications considered as a related and relevant field are: Degree in Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Social Sciences, Teaching & Nursing.
A full clean driving license valid in the Republic of Ireland and UK.
Required prior experience:
Residential Social Care Workers (1 year full-time working at social care grade with children).
- Ability to manage self in a busy working environment including the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to assuring high standards and strive to create a user informed service
- Ability to use initiative and innovation in identifying areas for service improvement
- Ability to utilise professional supervision
- Ability to use the skill of "mentalizing" to understand and respond appropriately to challenging behaviours
- Ability to understand and work in accordance with the employers "Model of Care."
- Ability to display awareness and appreciation of the children as experts through experience
- Ability to promote the involvement of the children in care planning, decision-making and service development
- Ability to empathize with and treat others with dignity and respect
- Ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions, especially about the care of children
- Display effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage professional tensions/conflicts in a constructive manner
- Ability to be flexibile and open to challenge and change
- Ability to take direction and follow guidance/instructions
- Ability to remain calm in conflictual situations.
- Ability to write concise relevant factual notes for others to review
- Ability to provide companionship and supportive listening
- Ability to respond calmly to emergency situations
- Ability to administer and record medication
- Ability to accompany and transport children safely to appointments and/or social events
- Ability to facilitate community and recreational outings, including transport
- Ability to provide support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
- Ability to prepare meals and handle food in compliance with food safety regulations.
Application by CV to: email@example.com
Please ensure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria.
Applicants are required to supply contact details for 3 work related referees. References will not be taken up until after interviews have taken place.
Closing Date: 17th July 2020 4:30pm