St. Brigid’s Day Nursery: Early Years Manager
St. Brigid’s Day Nursery, an Early Years Centre (ELC) is seeking an Early Years Manager. The service has been a part of the community for 80 years and operates a Tusla funded community based early education facility.
Purpose of Position:
- To be responsible for the management, coordination and development of a Tusla funded Early Education Centre.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the service, reporting to The Board of Management.
Start Date: 24th August, 2020
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm 15th July, 2020
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibility (not limited to):
- Ensure the service operates in compliance with the Early Years (Pre-School Services) Regulations 2016.
- Implementation of Tusla’s Quality and Regulatory Framework, Síolta (Quality Framework) and Aistear (Curriculum Framework).
- Be responsible for the overall management of the service, including Human Relations, Finance & Development of staff
- Understanding of the importance of the emergent curriculum, play-based learning and child-directed learning.
- Application of relevant child development, pedagogical, organisational and leadership theory
- Guidance in relation to completion of documentation by staff, in line with requirements and best practice guidelines.
- Planning for appropriate interventions and supports for children where required, including multi-disciplinary teams (AIT, CAMHS), Meitheal, Social Work and AIM supports.
- Supervision and mentoring of students attending placement.
- Development and updating of policies and procedures, staff documentation, accounts, etc., as required.
- Explore, evaluate and develop models of best practice and ongoing reflective practice for the service.
- Registration and induction of parents and children.
- Liaising with parents for the purpose of planning for the children’s development.
- Network and liaise with other relevant local, regional and national agencies.
- Support the service through on-going planning and evaluation.
- Acting as first point of contact for, and management of, parent and staff complaints, conflicts and grievances.
- Overall maintenance of premises and equipment – replacing or organising repairs and upkeep where necessary.
- Management and preparation of accounts for audit, upkeep of financial and tax records, financial projections, budgeting, payment of bills, ordering of equipment and maintenance of parent accounts in partnership with the accountant and the Board Finance Sub Committee.
- Meeting requirements by the Charities Regulator, CRO, Tusla, DES and DCYA.
- Engagement with relevant funding schemes (ECCE, CCSP, NCS), related portals (Pip Portal and Early Years Hive), Tusla and sourcing of additional funding where required.
- Submit funding reports and further documentation as required by our funders.
- Oversee the financial management of the Centre.
- Attendance at Board Meetings, Tusla review meetings, network meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Carry out duties relevant to the post which are assigned by the Board of Management.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Qualifications Required: Level 6 in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Minimum 3 years post graduate and management experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Early Years (Pre-School Services) Regulations 2016, Tusla’s Quality and Regulatory Framework, Síolta (Quality Framework) and Aistear (Curriculum Framework).
- Understanding of relevant child development, pedagogical, organisational and leadership theory
- Understanding of requirements by Tusla, the Charities Regulator, DES, DCYA and environmental health.
- Knowledge of relevant funding (ECCE, CCSP, NCS, Tusla), related portals (Pip Portal and Early Years Hive, Tusla) and sourcing of additional funding where required.
- Genuine interest in supporting children and families and passion for facilitating their optimum development.
- Experience of working as part of a team and skills to progess and support Team Work
- Computer literacy
- Proven track record as a leader
- To be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to implement quality curriculum
- A strong passion for the development of the individual child
37.5 hour per week
HSE Clerical Grade 5
Minimum Fetac Level 6