Addiction Response Crumlin: Youth Identification and Engagement Worker (Part-Time)
Position Title: Youth Identification and Engagement Worker
Programme: Addiction Response Crumlin Under 18 Programme
Location: 160A Sunshine Centre, Sunshine Industrial Estate, Crumlin Rd, D12. and with sessions also delivered in Dublin 12 area
Contract: Part-time 17.5 hours per week (Times will be flexible to meet the needs of the service and may include evening work) (6 Month Contract, Maternity Cover)
Salary: €18,140 (Point 1 HSE project worker scale)
Role Purpose: To identify, engage and work directly with young people (aged 10-18) who are affected by substance use in their families or their community or who are engaging in early drug and alcohol use. To work with family members in a supportive role.
Reports to: Team Leader ARC Under 18’s Programme.
- To identify, engage and work directly with young people (aged 10-18) who are assessed as being ‘at risk’ of harm as a result of substance use in their families or the community
- In conjunction with ARC Family Support Worker, co-facilitate the Young Persons Support Programme for young people aged 10-18 who have been affected by parental/familiar substance misuse (in line with best practice from the National Family Support Network)
- To identify and assess early substance use/experimentation with young people (aged 10-18) and refer them for treatment when appropriate.
- To engage with and support parents/ guardians of young people accessing the Under 18’s service so they are better able to support the young person’s Treatment/ Care Plans and to ensure a continuum of care.
- To develop strategic partnerships with other agencies, especially educational, justice, mental health, social care youth groups and community agencies.
- To act as an intermediary support for referrals from youth services to specialist services.
- To deliver Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (ACRA) interventions to young people aged 10 – 18.
- To facilitate evidence-based Family Training programmes when the need is identified
- To submit NDTRS data, keep programme records, and provide updates and reports when requested.
- Experience of the eCass CRM system would be desirable
- To prepare quarterly outcome reports to the Managing Director of Addiction Response Crumlin.
- To take part in ongoing approved training to enhance outcomes for the service user’s group’s
- Be certified in Children’s First training
- To work and promote the ethos and mission of Addiction Response Crumlin and uphold its values in all areas of work.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of Addiction Response Crumlin
- To work closely with the Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force to support the rollout and implementation of its strategy for the area.
Be in possession of a recognized 3rd Level H.E.T.A.C. qualification in Addiction / Counselling/ Family Therapy /Youth Work or a related field. A minimum of I year direct experience working with service users with problematic substance is required,
- To have a clear understanding of the needs of adolescent substance users and to have knowledge of addiction services and related adolescent services in the region and nationally. The ideal candidate will have competencies in working with young people involved in substance misuse.
- The ideal candidate will have clear competence in working with adolescents and families and will have a strong understanding of evidence-based interventions and Family Support.
- Knowledge of Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (ACRA) would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with young people and their families as part of a team and attend team, client, and work plan meetings as requested by the Team Leader
- To have an ongoing willingness to learn new competencies and be committed and willing to develop new competencies within the role and as part of continued professional development.
- A commitment to social justice and to treating people with dignity and respect
- Flexibility, good time management and a professional manner.
- (Desirable) A full Driving License, access to own transport.
- This post will require Garda Vetting
To apply, please forward by E-mail an up-to-date CV and Cover Letter and ARC Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for.
All applications to reach us by close of business at 5pm on Thursday 11 June’2020
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the service.
This post is funded by City of Dublin Youth Service Board through Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force.
Addiction Response Crumlin is an equal opportunities employer.