Kildare Youth Services - West Wicklow Youth Project: Project Worker (Part-Time)
Project Worker (part-time, 17.5 hours per week)
West Wicklow Youth Project
Kildare Youth Services is a dynamic voluntary organisation dedicated to working with young people in their local communities. Kildare Youth Services is a member of Youth Work Ireland, a federation of locally-based youth services throughout the country who work in the interest of young people through the provision of a range of services and who share a common ethos and approach. Kildare Youth Services is committed to the personal and social development of young people within their communities and to the provision of quality youth services through an integrated multi-disciplinary approach.
The Project Worker will work in the West Wicklow Youth Project to implement Kildare Youth Services Strategic and Operational Plans through an integrated area-based model. This post is based in Blessington with travel across West Wicklow involved.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a recognised qualification in Youth and/or Community Work, Social Studies or Social Care.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with young people in a paid capacity.
- Have a good knowledge of the youth work sector in Ireland.
- Have a working knowledge of child protection legislation.
- Demonstrate an ability to forge and develop working relationships with young people, their families and communities.
- Be able to work effectively and confidently with challenging young people.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be willing to work some unsocial hours/weekends and a time off in lieu system.
- Have a full clean driving license and own transport.
The successful candidate will be employed by Kildare Youth Services (KYS) for an initial 12 month fixed-term contract on a 17.5 hour week, including a 6 month probationary period. Closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 11th June, 2020. Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 17th June, 2020 and will take place by Zoom.
For job description, person specification and application form contact:
Kildare Youth Services
Tel: 087 6658221
Applications by KYS electronic application form only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must contain details of three referees (including your current or most recent employer).
Kildare Youth Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.