Rainbow Community Services: Social Care Manager
Social Care Manager
Rainbow Community Services is an independent organisation providing a range of services to young people aged 13-21. We have two units in operation; Smithstown Lodge and Ivy Mews 16+.
Smithstown Lodge is a mainstream residential home for adolescents, both male and female, aged 12-18 years of age whom for a variety of reasons have emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Ivy Mews 16+ is a residential project which aims to enable young people aged 16-19 to develop the skills and resilience they require to assist them in becoming successful tenants on leaving the care system.
Rainbow Community Services are currently seeking to recruit a Social Care Manager for Smithstown Lodge.
Requirements for this position:
- Social Care Qualification Level 8 essential.
- 5 years working as part of a management team.
- Full Drivers Licence.
- Understanding of basic management principles.
- Diversification and strengthening of Rainbow Community Services.
- The building and developing of strategic partnerships within Tusla Child and Family agency.
- Ensure services are provided in line with service level agreements, meeting and exceeding client / customer expectations.
- Report directly to the executive management of Rainbow Community Services.
- To ensure that the centre is well run and professionally managed and complies with all childcare legislation.
- To adhere to and develop the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- To ensure that the young people in the care of the unit and their families receive quality care as outlined in the units purpose and function.
- To work in partnership with Tusla, Child and Family Agency and other professional stakeholders to ensure that the needs of the young people are being met and that their care plan is being implemented.
- To provide regular, consistent and appropriate supervision (annual appraisals) to all staff members ensuring each member of staff has the opportunity for growth professionally and personally.
- To supervise case management and ensure all records of such are kept appropriately.
- To be responsible for the financial management and control of the centre.
- To promote effective teamwork.
- To ensure staff training needs are identified and addressed.
- To recruit and induct staff.
- Conducting internal audits for Rainbow Community Services.
- On Call during weekends and after hours.
The nature of this role will require the post holder to work 9am-5pm.
To apply for this role please submit an updated Curriculum Vitae along with a covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com