Barnardos: Project Leader (Clonmel)
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
We provide practical and professional supports for children, young people and families in over 40 centres and services in Ireland and in 2018 we worked with over 17,000 children and families.
Barnardos is recruiting for the following role in Clonmel.
Full Time (37 hrs) & Permanent Contract.
Salary: €50,209 - €65,505 DOE
Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
What does our Clonmel Family Support Service do?
Barnardos has been delivering services in South Tipperary since 2006. We currently offer two services in South Tipperary from our base in Elm Park, Clonmel, both of which are funded primarily by Tusla. The Family Support Project is now in its 12th year and works directly & intensively with a specific number of vulnerable families mainly living in Clonmel and surrounding areas. Referrals are taken from Tusla social work and PPFS services, as well as self referrals.
Service interventions offer comprehensive family support assessments along with interventions that aim to stabilise the family situation, promote promote children’s development, reduce risk from harm and promote the best quality of care in the family, thereby reducing the likelihood of the family requiring intervention from the Social Work Child Protection System.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and busy environment
- Teamwork required and the ability to work in collaboration with others
- Ability to lead and manage the staff team
- Ability to prioritise competing demand.
- Ability to work autonomously but seek advice as appropriate.
- Ability to manage complexity and diversity.
- Ability to develop, manage and maintain complex internal and external relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to assess needs and identify appropriate service responses.
- Ability to work to standards and work within policy framework and legislation.
- Ability to demonstrate high level dynamic skills of responsiveness, flexibility, creativity and problem solving.
- Ability to be analytical and critical.
- Flexibility and adaptability is essential for this post.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience and demonstrate competencies in terms of management ability essential. Prior management experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of evidence informed approaches to family support assessment & intervention and Family Welfare Conferencing are highly desirable.
Relevant professional 3rd level qualification essential, for example: Social Work, Social Care, Child Care, Education, Youth and Community Work, Psychology or equivalent. Management training highly desirable (min of Level 7 on the QQI).
- Full driving licence and access to the use of suitably insured car essential.
- Ability to travel in line with the needs of the role as travel is required across South Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenny and other locations.
For full job description and to apply check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12noon, Friday 29th May 2020.
Interview date: Sykpe interviews are planned for the week of 8th June.
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.