FutureScape: House Manager
Job Reference: Various
House Manager HM042020
FutureScape is company responding to meet the needs of vulnerable young people with complex case histories through community, registered residential and aftercare supports and services. We are currently seeking to recruit people for House Manager, for our service in Cork city. The ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have an interest in playing an active role in service development, while working within a structured and supportive team. These positions will initially be located in Cork however as it is a national service a panel will be formed for future opportunities nationwide. FutureScape recognises the inherent individuality of each young person with its primary focus being on meeting them ‘where they are at’ in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational manner that supports their developing independence through healthy social relationships wherein the staff team role model and engage with the young people in a lived environment.
The successful applicant(s) will be supported through induction, supervision and in house training to engage and successfully support the young person both restoratively and developmentally. The role is to support young people in developing self-care and independent living skills while helping them to develop the capacity and opportunity to eventually live an independent life in the community.
General Job Description:
The successful candidate will be dedicated and highly motivated; they will already possess high levels of competence and will be able to demonstrate this through their qualification and some experience in meeting regulatory requirements, best practice standards and ultimately an understanding of the varied needs of vulnerable young people.
FutureScape will provide you with in-depth induction, training and a developmental style of professional supervision that is in keeping with the ideology of the service while embracing the individuality of each staff member.
- Candidates for the House Manager positions need to demonstrate at least 5 years experience in a social care setting. A level 8 Honours Degree in Applied Social Studies or equivalent is preferable for this post. Or a level 7 degree in Applied Social studies with a relevant management qualification.
- Candidates for the Deputy Manager positions need to demonstrate at least 5 years post qualification experience in a residential setting.
- Where appropriate Acting posts may apply wherein additional supports can and will be provided to support successful candidates within registered children’s residential centres.
- Proficient communication skills, IT skills, report writing and planning skills.
- This post is subject to Garda clearance.
- A full clean driving licence is desirable but not essential.
- Candidates must also have a deep commitment to children’s and young people’s rights and protection and enjoy working in a dynamic and at times challenging environment.
Please forward C.V. and cover letter with reference number to Patrick Fitzpatrick at: email@example.com
Closing Date: This is a rolling campaign with current vacancies.