Three Steps: Team Leader
Three Steps is changing.
Our care teams are stronger, more focussed, better trained and supported than ever before. We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader for our centre based in Brittas Village which is just outside of Tallaght Village in Dublin.
Three Steps provide residential services to children, young people and adults on behalf of the HSE and Tusla and work hard to improve the quality of care we provide every day.
Our care teams have the ongoing support of a wide range of experienced clinicians. We also provide routine access to Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists to help us reflect on and learn from our shared experience of providing care.
We provide specialist training in Trauma and Attachment and in the coming months, will add the speciality of neuro-biology to the expanding in-service training we make available to our teams.
We value the partnerships we develop with both families and the professionals we work with and are committed to doing all we can to ensure our care and clinical teams contribute positively to every multidisciplinary team of which we are part.
The children, young people and adults in our care always come first in Three Steps.
If you are willing to share your knowledge, experience, skill and compassion with the children, young people and adults in our care and you are open to learning from them and with us about how we can help them to live their best lives, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
While we are seeking to add a Team Leader to support our care team in Brittas other opportunities may arise within both our children’s residential centres and our intellectual disability centres located in Co. Meath.
Team Leaders play a key role in our care teams. They are responsible for ensuring the professionals who work directly with the children, young people and adults in our care are themselves cared for and have access to the support and guidance they need to provide safe and effective care at all times.
If you are interested in leading one of our care teams, you will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- A Level 7 qualification in Social Care or suitable equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a residential care service.
- Hold a full clean driving licence with access to a car.
You will also need...
- The ability to motivate and lead our care teams.
- To be an excellent problem solver with good judgement and decision-making skills.
- To have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to relate to and care for vulnerable and often challenging children, young people and adults and to demonstrate a genuine respect for them, their parents and families.
- To possess an appropriate level of organisational and administrative skill.
- To be able to use Microsoft and other applications including PDF, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of the legislation, regulations and standards applicable to the provision of accommodation-based services to vulnerable children, young people and adults.
- To be flexible regarding working hours, which normally include day shifts and sleepovers though you may occasionally be asked to work a live night if we have concerns as to the safety and wellbeing of a child, young person or adult in our care. (Appropriate rests period will be facilitated).
- To be fluent in written and spoken English.
- To be eligible to work in Ireland.
If you would like to apply for the post of Team Leader with Three Steps, please send an up to date c.v. along with a cover letter to email@example.com .