Limerick Youth Service: Youth Worker Team Lead
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is
“Connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
It offers a range of quality services responding to the needs of young people throughout Limerick City and County.
Limerick Youth Service invites applications for the following position:
Youth Worker Team Lead
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, supporting and monitoring the delivery of UBU Your Place Your Space projects managed by Limerick Youth Service. The purpose of the UBU Scheme is to provide out-of-school supports to marginalised, disadvantaged or vulnerable young people (aged between 10 and 24) in their communities to enable them to overcome adverse circumstances and achieve their full potential. These supports will be provided in line with the values, goals, objectives and rules of the scheme and in response to the identified needs of young people.
Essential Qualifications & Experience required
- Education to Degree standard, preferably in Youth Work/Community Development/ Applied Social Care etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Youth work sector.
- 5 years’ experience in a management, supervisory or team lead role
- Ability to lead and direct a Team through effective communication.
- Proactive in making decisions that meet organisational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with a wide range of contacts including statutory and voluntary groups.
- High level of motivation to work on own initiative
- Innovative and flexible to respond to changing needs
- Excellent written communication skills & report writing skills.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Car and Full Driving Licence
A Job description and application form can be downloaded at www.limerickyouthservice.com at the following link: https://limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies/
Completed applications can be returned to HR Department, Limerick Youth Service, Northside Youth Space, Ballynanty, Limerick or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd April 2020 by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply