Léargas: Executive Officer
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
POST: Executive Officer
REPORTING TO: Development Officer (CASE – Peace IV), Léargas
JOB PURPOSE: To provide administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the Peace IV Shared Education Programme.
PAY GRADE: Equivalent to Executive Officer PPC Grade; €30,127
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27th March 2020 5pm
Léargas manages national and international exchange programmes in adult education and schools, vocational education and training, and youth and volunteering. These activities connect people in different communities and countries and bring an international dimension to the work of organisations across Ireland. The Education Authority in Northern Ireland and Léargas work in partnership to implement the Peace IV Collaboration through Sharing in Education (CASE) programme.
CASE is for primary and post-primary schools in Northern Ireland and the Border Counties of Ireland. Its focus is on schools with no or limited previous experience of providing shared education opportunities to their children and young people. CASE aims to build a culture of good relations among school children and to equip them with the skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a society where the cycle of sectarianism and intolerance is broken, and a culture of collaboration and cooperation is the norm.
We are now recruiting for an enthusiastic and driven person to join the team in Léargas as an Executive Officer (CASE –Peace IV). Reporting to the Development Officer, and working across the organisation, this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career working in a transnational partnership for education and learning for children and young people.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Administrative Processes and Records
- Provide administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the Development Officer and throughout the wider organisation and to the CASE Team.
- Develop, maintain and operate manual and/or computerised information systems.
- Complete and submit all returns/records as required.
- Implement Departmental processes for financial control.
- Create spreadsheets for financial reporting and reporting controls.
- Check and prepare budgets.
- Prepare payments.
- Track sub cover on a monthly basis.
- Prepare material for quarterly financial reports to funding bodies.
- Prepare travel claims for payment.
- Check final financial reports
- Prepare and track returns of contracts for schools.
- Verify and countercheck quarterly sub cover records with Department of Education and Skills and the Education and Training Boards.
- Submit documentation to EA as required by the programme.
- Provide all administration support, including email and internet, where appropriate.
- Actively contribute to maintaining and developing the CASE website.
- Sort, screen and distribute all mail and correspondences.
- Ensure the secure storage of confidential documentation.
- Service meetings and draft minutes as required.
- 1 year’s office based administrative/clerical experience
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to concrete deadlines and meet targets while prioritising competing demands
- Experience/ qualification in, or willingness to learn about, training and facilitation in the fields of education training or youth.
- Must fit within a team that has a strong values-based approach to work
- Experience of working in an international context is preferred
- Full clean driving licence as travel is a requirement of the role
General requirements of all Léargas staff
We expect our people to show leadership, exceptional organisational and planning skills, with excellent IT, networking and influencing skills. We expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with an ability to fit within a team that has a strong values-based approach to work.
Applications in writing to include CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com to reach us by 9am on Tuesday 27th March 2020.
Interviews will take place on 2nd April 2020.
Léargas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.