Léargas: Communications Executive Officer
Executive Officer - Communications
POST: Communications Executive Officer to cover a career break to 26/2/2021 in Léargas
REPORTING TO: Communications Manager, Léargas
JOB PURPOSE: To support the successful management of Léargas programmes through the implementation of the Léargas Communications Strategy and Impact Research workplans.
PAY GRADE: Equivalent to Civil Service EO (PPC). The successful candidate will start on 1st point €30,127
Léargas manage national and international exchange programmes in adult education and schools, vocational education and training, and youth and volunteering. These activities connect people in different communities and countries and bring an international dimension to the work of organisations across Ireland. We are the National Agency for Erasmus+ in Adult Education, School Education, VET and Youth, and are wholly owned by the Department of Education and Skills.
We have built a national and international reputation for effectively managing significant levels of funding to support international collaboration and exchange. We have also built a reputation for a friendly and supportive approach to programme applicants and beneficiaries.
We are now recruiting for an enthusiastic and driven person to join the team in Léargas as a Communications Executive Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career working in intercultural partnership for education, training and youth.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with colleagues on the Communications team to develop Léargas key messages and create content
- Schedule and share content through digital and traditional media channels
- Build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Provide administrative support to the Communications team
- Maintain up-to-date information on Léargas website including SEO and tagging
- Manage generation and scheduling of MailChimp newsletter and other targeted marketing campaigns
- Provide support, including photography and social media updates, at Léargas events
- Produce concise online content for all Léargas channels
- Build and maintain strong working relationships
- internally with all colleagues in Léargas
- externally: with programme applicants and beneficiaries; learners/educators/others in the relevant sector(s); print, online and broadcast media personnel (regionally and nationally); vendors (design, web, print etc.)
- Organise and administer online and offline filing and payments for the Communications team
- Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Communications Manager
- Experience in media, journalism, information management, digital marketing, communications
- Knowledge and experience of copywriting, proofreading and editing
- Qualification(s) in relevant subject area or field(s)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise projects and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team and with different cohorts of people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in the using some or all of the following would be an advantage:
- Social media apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- SAP Business Objects
- Google analytics
- Personal effectiveness
- Networking and influencing
- Creativity and innovation
- Organisation and administration
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
General requirements of all Léargas staff
We expect our people to show leadership, exceptional organisational and planning skills, and to be analytical and conceptual thinkers with excellent IT, networking and influencing skills. We expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills, combined with an ability to fit within a team that works to support the vision and mission of Léargas.
Applications in writing to include CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 5pm on 14th April 2020.
We work 35 hours per week in a flexible environment. This position is based in Dublin and may require national or international travel.
Léargas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.