Community Creations: Platform Supervisors (Part Time, Night Shift)
Platform Supervisors (Part Time, Night Shift)
Job Title: Platform Supervisor
Reporting To: Clinical Director
Status: Two-year fixed term contracts, part-time.
Hours of Work: 12am - 8am; part time 21 hours per week. Weekend work is required.
Location: Flexible (can be entirely home-based, entirely office-based in Dublin 2, or a mixture of both)
Salary Scale: €28,000-34,000 per annum pro rata, starting point on scale dependent on qualifications/experience
Start date: Immediately
Probation Period: Six months
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays)
To apply: Apply via this Workable form only; no CVs accepted
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website. SpunOut.ie supported over 1 million young people in 2018. We are an energetic, dynamic and professional organisation run by young people, for young people, based in the heart of Dublin city.
Our mission to transform lives by improving access to digital resources is built on our strong belief that technology can help improve mental health outcomes in Ireland.
In 2019, Community Creations will establish a new remote active-listening text messaging service to support young people in moments of crisis. We’re putting together a team of passionate professionals to run the service and help young people in every community in Ireland.
About the job
Our service will provide free, 24/7 crisis support via text and instant messaging, provided by trained volunteers. Supervisors work in shifts with teams of volunteers, supporting the volunteers to provide a truly round-the-clock service.
As a Supervisor, you are responsible for real-time management and support of our remote volunteers in offering the best possible quality care to texters. You will take conversations with texters when needed and will take the lead on high-risk situations including active rescues and mandatory reporting.
What will I be doing?
The Platform Supervisor has responsibility for the following areas:
- Volunteer Supervision: Monitor, guide, and support volunteer conversations for adherence to policy and training through positive and constructive feedback, debriefing, coaching, and crisis intervention techniques.
- Texter Engagement: Respond to conversations as needed to support, problem solve, and de-escalate directly with texters.
- Escalation: Work with Emergency Services as necessary to conduct active rescues and make mandated reports.
- Managing Volume: Work efficiently and effectively in processing a large number of texts, understanding where your attention is best needed in every moment and demonstrating a clear talent for task prioritisation within a large volume of work.
- Deliver High-Quality Service: Actively engage in improving the delivery of quality crisis interventions services as needed, including collaborating with the coaching team to ensure volunteers are receiving the best possible support on and off the platform and are improving to meet service delivery standards.
- Fighting for the needs of service users: You’re passionate about meeting the needs of our texters and your mind is always focused on delivering a better, more responsive service that puts their needs front and centre.
Sounds great, how do I apply?
Application is by online application form only & CVs will not be accepted. Please complete all fields of the application form. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
To apply please complete this Workable application form.
Last day for receipt of applications is Sunday, 5th of April.
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.
Who am I?
- Qualification: A relevant third level qualification in the area of psychology, mental health nursing, social work, or psychotherapy.
- Supervision experience: You have at least two years’ relevant supervisory or managerial experience overseeing the work of employees or volunteers in any context. You have a good understanding of when to escalate service-user issues and take action to solve problems quickly and effectively. Experience with mental health interventions or crisis management would be highly beneficial.
- Experience meeting the needs of young people: You have relevant experience and a good understanding of the major issues surrounding providing a service to young people, including a working knowledge of relevant Child Protection legislation. Experience working with a similar organisation would be advantageous.
- A strongly empathetic approach: You want to help people and you understand how to do so in an empathetic, person-focused way.
- Flexible: you are flexible in your approach to challenges and can adapt your methods of working to suit a changing situation.
- IT experience: You are comfortable with using technology and interested its potential to drive positive mental health outcomes.
- A good communicator: You possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills. You communicate clearly and effectively in meetings and over email.
- Calm, collected and driven: You move quickly and can take big changes in your stride. You have excellent prioritisation, time management and follow-up skills. You stay focused and concise, and solve problems quickly and calmly as they arise. You are reflective and resilient.
25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays)