Barnardos: Practical Family Support Worker - Finglas
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Practical Family Support Worker - Finglas
Location: Finglas Family Support Service, Dublin 11
Contract: Full time (37 hours per week ) and Specific Purpose Contract
Salary: €27,486 - €36,789 Depending on Experience
Why work at Barnardos?
At Barnardos we seek to ensure that we have the best people working with us to support our work with children and families. The benefits of working with Barnardos are designed to promote continual professional development and a work-life balance for the most rewarding working experience.
- Barnardos offers a competitive salary – recognising the experience you bring to the role
- Generous annual leave entitlements plus discretionary Company days
- Positive working environment with family friendly ethos and work - life balance policy
- Tax saver and bike to work schemes in operation
- Employee pension scheme with employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including Employee Assistance programme
To provide quality services to children and their families in the provision of individual and group work programmes.
- Ability to connect and form supportive relationships with children and families
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- To have the necessary skills to engage children either on an individual basis or in a group work context.
- Understanding the issues of confidentiality and working in the community and the ability to establish appropriate professional boundaries.
- Flexibility and adaptability is essential for this post
- To have life experience and experience of participating in a community is desirable.
A minimum of two years’ experience of working with children and families who experience disadvantage is essential.
(Work experience means paid employment, not training courses/student placements)
Relevant voluntary work may be considered.
- FETAC Level 5 in working with children is essential.
- Experience of delivering group work programmes to children in the community i.e. Breakfast clubs, afterschool groups and other group work is essential.
- Training in specific group work approaches, along with knowledge of child development will be an advantage.
Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car essential.
The post-holder is initially assigned to work in the Finglas Family Support Service, but may be required in the future to work in other locations in the Dublin area in line with organisational needs.
Closing date: 12pm Monday 4 December 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 13th December (provisional date)
Barnardos is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
For full job description and to apply please visit Current Job Vacancies – Barnardos
Shortlisting will apply (please note, CVs are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through Barnardos website).