Irish Jesuits International: Communications and Fundraising Officer
Job Title: Communications and Fundraising Officer
Organisation: Irish Jesuits International
Location: 20 Upper Gardiner Street, Dublin D01 E9F3
Start Date: November 2021
Reports to: Operations Manager
Type of Employment: 3 days per week
This is an exciting opportunity to join the international agency of the Irish Jesuit Province. Irish Jesuits International (IJI) is a registered charity which supports education, health and well-being, protection and resilience programmes in in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Our partners include Jesuit project partners including the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS). Last year, we supported 140,890 individuals through 28 development projects in 14 countries.
The role of Communications and Fundraising Officer is integral to the strategic plan of IJI. The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver a comprehensive communications and fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Communications Co-ordinator. The role holder will have an annual workplan which aligns to IJI’s strategic framework, with measurable outcomes, which will be reviewed quarterly.
- Develop the communications and fundraising strategy to support IJI’s organisational objectives
- Maximise communications outputs in order to raise awareness of IJI; to advocate and to support fundraising activities
- Collaborate closely with the Communications Co-ordinator to deliver on set targets
- Communications Strategy development and delivery
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic communications and fundraising campaigns targeted to our target publics, in line with organisational goals of the IJI Strategic Plan
- Raise awareness in Ireland and internationally of IJI’s work in supporting communities who are marginalised because of poverty, conflict and climate change
- Engage with Jesuit works in Ireland and the Communications Office in the Irish Province on furthering the reach of IJI
- Engage with other Jesuit works internationally, including Xavier Network members, on sharing communications and fundraising campaign strategies and content
- Liaise with our international partners to develop communications content that accurately reflects the contribution of the IJI to their work in order to increase awareness and support fundraising activities and campaigns
- Provide written and visual content for offline and online communications channels
- Lead on awareness raising events and campaigns in Ireland, working closely with the IJI team on scheduling activities against the IJI Annual Planner
- Identify new opportunities and lead on strategies to generate income and access new donor streams
- Ensure that all communications and fundraising activity is carried out in line with best practice, sector guidelines and relevant legislation
- Media Relations
- Develop and implement a media strategy to highlight the work of the IJI
- Prepare press releases in consultation with the Director and relevant persons in the IJI
- Monitor and track all media coverage
- Build social media presence
- Provide content to enable the production of traditional publications (newsletters, bulletins, reports) and videos
- Engagement with Irish Jesuit Schools
- Lead on engagement with Irish Jesuit Schools regards to awareness raising and the raising of funds for IJI work internationally
- Develop a Lenten annual campaign for Irish Jesuit Schools which complements the curricula, furthers development education and supports the critical work of one of our international partners
- Engage with staff from Irish Jesuit Schools through the Ignatian Formation Group in the campaign design and resources required for schools to run with the campaign effectively
- Ensure that all communications materials educates and raises awareness among the public and policy makers in line with IJI ethos and values. Support, complement and add value to the current advocacy work
- Monitor developments affecting social justice issues addressed within IJI through regular team meetings to ensure communications are up-to-date and relevant
- Collaborate with the Communications Office, and Education Office of the Province and with Jesuit secondary schools in Ireland to promote IJI
- Responsibility for engagement for the Jesuit schools in Ireland for any work in relation to the IJI, including campaigns.
From time to time, other duties may be assigned by the Director or Operations Manager.
Travel: The role requires regular international travel in furtherance of its objectives.
- Experience working in a communications and fundraising environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to create and deliver communications and fundraising materials – flyers, posters, online ads
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Donor Strategy)
- Proficiency in working with Wordpress, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Knowledge of and respect for the Jesuit ethos
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Photography, video production and editing skills
- Experience working in the international development sector or charity sector in Ireland
General terms and conditions
This role operates in accordance with the Society of Jesus Irish Province Child Safeguarding Procedures and must adhere to the guidelines and standards set within. IJI is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications to email@example.com, attention to the Director by closing date Tuesday 26th October 2021.