SCOOP Foundation: Project Coordinator (Maternity Cover)
Project Coordinator with the SCOOP Foundation - Maternity Cover
Location: Dublin / Remote
Salary: €15.00 per hour
Contract: 6 month contract - 30th August, 2021 to 28th February, 2022 (with the possibility of extension)
Hours per week: Min 16 hours / 2 days - Max 26 hours / 3.5 days (hours to be recorded and monthly invoice to be submitted)
Closing Date: 6th August with interviews the week of 16th August
Start Date: 30th August
The SCOOP Foundation, which stands for ‘Supporting Children Out Of Poverty’, was set up in 2009 by Irish brothers Andy and Calvin Sweeney. Operating in the Middle East and at home here in Ireland, SCOOP believes in supporting and educating the next generation, especially young people at home and abroad who are suffering through no fault of their own.
Currently, our main efforts at SCOOP are focused around the implementation of SCOOP Ed to young displaced people living in camps in Iraq & Syria, and young refugees living in Direct Provision Centres in Ireland.
SCOOP is now seeking a Project Coordinator for a 6 month Maternity Cover contract to take the lead on our Generation Change Programme.
Generation Change is a fundraising and networking initiative for Ireland’s undergrads created by SCOOP Foundation. Bringing together students and industry professionals, Generation Change raises funds to support SCOOP’s educational projects for displaced young people, nationally and internationally, all whilst providing the participants with invaluable benefits! More detail here
Generation Change Programme (Aug to Jan):
To take over lead of the Generation Change Programme with support from the SCOOP team
Duties within this to include:
- Understanding Generation Change’s scope and goals through information provided by the Generation Change Programme Coordinator in the hand over sessions before her Maternity Leave.
- Keeping Generation Change to the project timelines already set out by the Programme Coordinator.
- Leading the implementation of Generation Change 2021 / 2022
- Coordinating and liaising with support staff - Marketing Manager, Operations Manager.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Quality assurance - through talking to students, mentors and stakeholders.
- Carrying out risk assessment (if needed as most risk assessment will have happened prior to the candidate taking over).
- Managing project administration relating to Generation Change, including all documentation, emails and the website.
- Meeting budgetary objectives and documenting the budget throughout.
- Reporting regularly to senior management and the dedicated Generation Change Board member.
- Managing student, mentor and partner organisation relationships.
- Tracking project performance and documenting for a smooth handover (to the official Generation Change Programme Coordinator when she’s back).
- Project evaluations and results measurement in the form of a report.
You may from time to time be asked to help out with other campaigns and projects, as that need arises. Check out our website for more information on the other projects we are involved in.
- Experience in project/programme support, personal assistant or an administrative role.
- A professional qualification is preferred.
- Proficiency in the G-Suite applications.
- Experience with Wordpress Content Management Systems.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships.
- A positive, can-do attitude, and a good work ethic.
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you if that is the case.
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV and a covering letter addressing how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 6th August, 2021.
Online first-stage interviews will take place week beginning 16th August, 2021.