Concern Worldwide: Donor Development Manager
Job Title: Donor Development Manager
Reports to: Head of Development
Direct Report: 1 / 2 Supporter Marketing Executives
- ROI Supporter Marketing Team
- Head of Supporter Marketing;
- Direct Dialogue Team;
- Web Team;
- CRM Team;
- Corporate & Major Donor Team;
- Communications Dept;
- Finance Dept;
- Overseas Dept;
- Concern Worldwide UK
- Direct Marketing suppliers;
- Media Buying suppliers;
- Marketing Analysis agency;
- Charities Institute Ireland
- Irish Direct Marketing Association;
Job location: Dublin/ Remotely during Covid 19 restrictions.
Pay Band: Grade 5 (€49,167- €57,843)
Job Purpose: To successfully implement Concern Worldwide ROI Supporter Marketing strategy in order to maintain and grow income from individual cash and regular giving supporters.
- Deliver strategic projects, within key performance indicator targets, that contribute to the development of the Supporter Marketing annual operational plan. Consistently analyse results, interpret trends, and provide recommendations on strategic marketing direction. Create and implement tactics for donor development and cultivation.
- Line management of 1-2 Supporter Marketing Executives; including training and coaching, day to day task delegation, supervision and performance monitoring and appraisals.
- Full campaign management and execution in line with prescribed deadlines. To include briefing of agencies, sourcing/development of materials, managing data selection criteria, copy development, managing the approvals process, proofing, briefing Donor Care Team, campaign analysis and reporting, managing costs and invoice processing.
- Manage supporter development activity, to improve supporter retention and giving levels of current cash and regular giving supporters using techniques such as direct mail, telemarketing, emails, online marketing, and social networking.
- Monitor and report on budgets and assist in building future expenditure and income targets. Work as part of the Supporter Marketing team to reach strategic targets.
- To work closely with the Direct Marketing Analyst to review direct marketing campaigns and ensure that information is used to maximize income for future campaigns.
- To ensure that campaigns are where possible integrated or co-ordinated thematically, creatively and/or by target audience to maximise impact.
- To work with the Supporter Marketing Manager to implement, and where necessary review the Emergency Fundraising Strategy
- To assist in the training of external agencies, effectively communicating the work of Concern to key representatives.
- Work closely with Corporate Major Donors, Donor Care, Communications, Overseas dept, Web, Active Citizenship, and other units to ensure integrated working and consistent messaging.
- Travel to meetings in the UK where necessary
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree or equivalent qualification (i.e. marketing qualification).
- At least three years’ experience in a direct marketing environment.
- Experience in donor development (fundraising).
- Experience in managing direct mail campaigns.
- Line management of at least one person.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and highly numerate with experience of keeping and monitoring financial & budgeting reports.
- Experience and knowledge of direct marketing recruitment and development techniques including Cash appeals, Tax, Christmas Gifts, Raffle, Newsletter, Display, Social, Press, Radio.
- Experience of using a fundraising database for effective analysis of direct marketing campaigns and trend giving patterns.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful direct marketing campaigns
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written skills including experience of writing and commenting on fundraising copy
- Excellent organisation skills and experience of managing a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Good understanding of delivering excellent customer service/donor care
- Experience of working in a marketing context across different regions
- Experience in Digital Fundraising
CVs should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/ireland/vacancy/donor-development-manager-1202/1220/description/ by closing date 10th of March, 2021..
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Concern is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all section of the community.
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and an organisational Code of Conduct which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the contents of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these two documents.
Concern receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on Concern ensuring that the names of any new employee or volunteer do not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List).
Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will only be made following a successful clearance check being conducted on the applicant. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
By submitting a formal application for paid or voluntary employment to Concern, you agree to Concern carrying out a clearance check as outlined above and that Concern will not proceed to recruit you should your name appear on any of the aforementioned lists