Concern Worldwide: Schools and Youth Officer (Maternity Cover)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Schools and Youth Officer
Reports to: Schools and Youth Manager
Liaises with: Supporter Marketing, Communications, SAL, Donor Care
Job location: Home based
Pay Band: 4 (€40,638 - €47,809 PA)
Contract: Maternity Cover to September 2021
Job Purpose: To engage and challenge young people in Ireland in the 10-18 year age bracket to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goal targets, particularly those most relevant to Concern’s vision and mission.
- Work closely with the Schools Programme Manager
- Be an active and dynamic member of the Active Citizenship (AC) team
- Planning and delivery of high quality talks, workshops and seminars to target audiences
- Planning and delivery of educational resources and lesson plans for primary and post primary schools
- Familiar with online delivery of workshops/talks
- Manage relationships with school networks, individual schools, teachers, youth leaders and students/youth
- Manage and coordinate schools newsletter for post primary and primary school teachers
- Contribute to effective communications of the programme through social and digital media – twitter and Instagram
- Be responsible for inputting to relevant parts of the AC Programme CRM database, ensuring accurate and up to date records
- Effectively use regular M&E feedback for reports
- Liaise closely with other functions of the Public Affairs Directorate
- Represent Concern on relevant groups and networks.
- Ensure that the values, the brand, and core messages of Concern are evident in all aspects of the position
Skills and Experience Required:
- A Third level qualification
- Dynamic, energetic and enjoys working with young people
- Experience working as facilitator and adapting to online format
- Has a minimum of three years Development Education experience working with schools and youth
- Experience working directly with teachers and youth leaders
- Experience in producing education resources targeting a youth audience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) coupled with experience delivering talks in classrooms as well as speaking at seminars and public events
- Excellent Microsoft office and zoom skills
- Experience working as an effective and productive member of a team
- Is available to work unsocial hours and travel to all parts of the country (post-Covid)
- Experience working in NGO
- Background in education
- Project management
- Knowledge of fundraising
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Full clean driver’s licence and access to own car
CVs should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net or https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/vacancy/schools-and-youth-officer-1130/1148/description/ by closing date 25 November 2020.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Concern is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all section of the community.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Your Personal Data
During this job application, you will provide Concern with your personal data. Concern takes its responsibilities towards this personal data very seriously and is committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation.
Concern receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on ensuring that the name of any employee or volunteer (existing or new), does not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List).
Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will only be made following a successful clearance check being conducted on the applicant and such checks may be updated periodically during the course of the period of employment.
By submitting a formal application for paid or voluntary employment to Concern, you agree to Concern carrying out a clearance check as outlined above and that Concern will not proceed to recruit you should your name appear on any of the aforementioned lists
In certain circumstances, donors may request that personal data relating to employees to work on the activities that they fund be provided directly to them - so that they can perform their own counter terrorism checks. This may involve transferring some basic personal data outside the EEA. It will be a condition of your employment contract that Concern be allowed to share this information with institutional donors for these purposes.
For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For more information on how to exercise those rights please visit www.concern.net/about/privacy
Please only apply for this position if you are satisfied with the proposed processing of your personal data as outlined above.