Irish Red Cross: Individual Giving Executive (Donor Care)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Individual Giving Executive - Donor Care
Responsible to: Individual Giving Manager
- Individual Giving Manager, Direct Marketing Coordinator, Database Coordinator and whole fundraising department.
- Outside agencies, e.g. call centres, payment-processing providers.
Summary of role:
- To support individual giving (IG) to the Irish Red Cross (IRC) through the acquisition, engagement, retention and development of donors.
- To process donations and thank donors.
- To deal with enquiries from donors and the public
- To contribute to the work of IRC as a member of the IG team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Process data relating to donors and donations in a timely, accurate and consistent manner.
- Manage new and existing direct debit plans, record cancellations, reconcile failed payments.
- Create and submit direct debit files twice-monthly to bank.
- Coordinate with agencies and/or in-house tele-fundraisers to support development of regular giving.
- Process tax-forms from donors and claims to Revenue.
- Maintain adherence to database procedures and GDPR.
- Coordinate advertising of jobs for whole fundraising team.
- Recruitment and induction of volunteers & interns to support IG team.
- Participate in annual appraisal with IG Manager or other person as agreed.
- Provide occasional cover for other members of the team as appropriate.
- Other tasks as appropriate.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role in a fundraising, marketing or customer-service environment.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Competence in MS Office applications.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Experience of using a database/CRM in a fundraising or marketing environment.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in MS Excel.
- A relevant third level qualification would be an advantage.
- Understanding of donor care and direct marketing principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of fundraising and the charity sector within Ireland.
- All levels of education and experience will be considered. However, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Committed interest in the work and principles of IRC.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to respond to a varying workload in a busy environment and to step up where necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Salary range €28,000-€30,000
- 35 hours/week Mon-Fri
- Location: Irish Red Cross, 16 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 and, where agreed, remotely.
Please submit your CV and covering letter, Reference IG Executive – Donor Care, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Mon 6 July 2020.
If you are called for interview, it can be conducted online or, socially-distanced, in our office.
Visit our careers page for more information: https://www.redcross.ie/about-us/careers/