Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists – (self-employed)
Invitation to Tender for Provision of Counselling 2020
Initially 6 months
Limerick Youth Service is a leading provider of youth work, education, employability & training projects & programmes for young people. We deliver a diverse array of innovative & youth led programmes that improve the personal, social, educational and civic development of a young person. Our mission statement is:
“Connecting with Young People and supporting them to reach their full potential”.
We also provide a range of counselling services for young people aged (14 to 25) across Limerick City & County through our “Be Well” Team. This a Mental Health provision for young people who are in need of support for mental health & well-being.
We are now inviting applications from suitably qualified Psychotherapists / Counselling Psychologists to deliver between 6 and 8 counselling sessions on a weekly basis to young people. The clients will be identified by the Be Well Team and referred directly to the therapist. Sessions will be delivered in Limerick Youth Service premises across the city during work hours, afterschool and may include evenings and weekends when young people are available.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy or a Masters in Counselling Psychology.
- Have completed or currently undertaking MSc in Adolescent Psychotherapy (Bronagh Starrs) is an advantage but not essential
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or equivalent.
- Have experience in working with Adolescents aged 14-25.
- Experience in Play/Art Therapy is considered.
- Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- Have experience using CORE OM or similar web based psychological tool system.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Limerick Youth Service Models of Therapy which is grounded in a Strengths based approach to therapy.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Limerick Youth service.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing external supervision and attend BE WELL team meetings in Limerick Youth Service once per calendar month.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP and PSI.
Application Process must include the following documents:
- Tax clearance certificate
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Evidence of External Supervision
- Proof of accreditation with recognised body.
For full details on the tender requirements and to access an Application Form & Job Description please refer to www.limerickyouthservice.com “Get Involved” section.
Proposals must be submitted by 6pm on Monday 2nd March 2020 to the following address: email@example.com
Garda Vetting will apply
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity