NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Re- Advertisement Tender
Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group Board of Directors invites tenders to
- Complete a review of the service Childworld Creche
- Support Implementation of Recommendations
Brief overview of the company and the services offered, location, clientele
Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group (OLOLCSG) serves the parish of Our Lady of Lourdes and its environs. OLOLCSG is located on the southside of Limerick city and is an area of extreme disadvantage.
The following programmes are offered by the organisation.
- Crèche Facility –The early years’ service is run by fully qualified practitioners. Here at OLOL Child world creche we operate on a play-based curriculum and adhere to the national framework. We currently facilitate 80 children over a wide range of programs and sessions.
- Youth – providing programmes for youth aged 10 -21 years, currently 150 youths registered, including sporting, cultural and both formal and non-formal educational activities, for children in the parish.
- Elderly - providing a range of quality services for older people including Meals on Wheels, Social and Health related activities i.e. social club and supporting independent living in their own homes.
- Adult Education – OLOL is a quality assured FETAC registered Centre, we provide a range of options for adults wishing to embark on second chance education including taster courses, Literacy, Community Ed and FETAC accredited up to and including Level 6. We have approximately 200 learners registered at the Centre.
- Estate Management - Maintain links with various Departments in the Local Authority, act as a liaison between community and LCC, continue to employ two local people as community cleaners. We assist local authority tenants with housing and environmental issues.
- Welfare Rights & Information Service – providing one to one support and information on social welfare, taxation and other social issues.
- OLOL Is the Lead Agency for Care and Repair which provide small scale home maintenance to elderly and disabled persons free of charge. I t is a service whose work is carried out in the main by volunteers
- Social Enterprise & Community Services – Community Café, Astroturf Pitch and Community Bus, providing affordable services and employment and training opportunities to those furthest from the labor market. The Café as well as other services – hairdressers and beautician provides a safe social space for people to meet and enjoy what is on offer within their community.
- Meeting & Training Room Space- providing accessible comfortable meeting and training spaces for groups to meet and plan activities within the locality.
The Board wishes to ensure that the service is operating to the ‘best model’ possible including long term sustainability. Areas for review include:
- Service provision delivery to include structure and ensuring maximum occupancy
- 2. Economic and social benefits generated by the service.
- Financial sustainability
- Long term sustainability
- Support/Guide Implementation of above Recommendations
- Proposed programme of work to include
- a briefing meeting, engagement with the Board, staff, and stakeholders,
- a review meeting at which the draft report will be discussed before it is finalised and sent to the whole board or other stakeholders.
The review would provide a full analysis of finances, occupancy, staffing levels and sustainability based on current assessment and projections.
The timeframe for completion of this review is end of early November 2019
The successful candidate/company will be required to sign confidentiality agreements in relation to the access of data.
Interested parties should submit an expression of interest and a timeline and outline of how they would undertake this review by September 20th 2019.
Only tender documents which include the following will be considered;
- A current Tax Clearance certificate
- Detailed CVs of the person/s proposing to undertake the project evidencing past Work.
- A breakdown of the proposed total number of days required
- A breakdown of fees
Applications should be forwarded by email to, email@example.com
By post to Eimear O’Connor Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group, Childers Road, Limerick.