Invitation to Tender
Consultancy Service to Undertake a Feasibility Study Examining the Proposed Development of a Building Repairs Social Enterprise Company
For The Bridge Project Company Limited by Guarantee
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th June 2019 at 5pm
1. Background and Overview
The Bridge Project, known by clients, staff and locals simply as Bridge, is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. It is a community based organisation that works in partnership with the Probation Service. Bridge has been working to reduce the recidivism rates of adult male offenders in the greater Dublin region since 1991.
Over the last 28 years Bridge has continuously reinvented its role and function in order to effectively meet the changing needs of its clients, as well as fulfilling the objectives set out by the Probation Service. We believe the development of a Building Repairs Social Enterprise that would employ people with previous criminal convictions would assist the probation service achieve their strategic objective to ‘enable and advocate for opportunities for service-users to increase positive social participation.’ We also believe this proposed building repairs Social Enterprise would support The New Way Forward, the Department of Justice’s Social Enterprise Strategy 2017-2019.
2. Invitation to tender
We are inviting organisations with experience in conducting feasibility studies and experience working with the community sector to submit a quotation for the completion of the work below within the timeframe noted. Schedule A outlines the work to be carried out during the Feasibility Study.
We request the feasibility study be conducted within 8 weeks
The Researcher will;
- Design a feasibility study framework for the proposed Social Enterprise incorporating appropriate data collection methods and timelines.
- Analyse results and provide a critical analysis of the findings which will draw clear recommendations and conclusions to inform the future development of the proposed Social Enterprise
- Compile a report to include:
- Key learnings from the study
- Description of the process required for the development of the proposed social enterprise
- Methodology by which the research was undertaken
The report will be reviewed by the Bridge Board of management. All data and research will remain the property of the Board of Management
Quotations should be sent by email for the attention of Maeve Hartnett, Executive Manager to email@example.com and must be received by 5p.m. on Wednesday 19th June 2019. Tenders received after this date/time will not be considered.
The successful applicant must be in a position to begin work as soon as possible and fulfil the contract requirements within the time period set out in the terms of reference.
Questions relating to the clarification of any part of this process can only be in written format for transparency reasons.
Submissions should comprise of;
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Detailed breakdown of all cost including VAT
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working with the community sector
- Demonstrate knowledge of Social Enterprise
- Personnel Specification – details of personnel to be involved in design & delivery of this brief, including relevant experience
Quotations received will be reviewed by the manager and a minimum of one Board member. Follow up meetings may also take place with some or all of the applicants. Each quotation received will be assessed under the following criteria:
- Similar previous experience demonstrated through examples of work undertaken
- Quality/standard of previous work
- Competitive price
- Compliance with tender process
5. Tender Award
Applicants will be notified within two weeks of the closing deadline.