Invitation to Tender for Fundraising Review and Strategy for Age Action Ireland
Location: Age Action, 10 Grattan Crescent, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Responsible to: Fundraising Strategic Review Committee
Working with: CEO, Fundraising Strategic Review Committee, Head of Fundraising, Wider Staff
Age Action is a values-led organisation that advocates for equality and human rights for all older people as they age. Age Action has recently concluded the work of developing a Values Statement to guide and underpin its work. Simultaneously, the organisation has finalised a Strategy Statement. Both these documents are supporting Age Action to define and focus its role as Ireland’s leading NGO advocating for equality and human rights for older people.
Our core values are Dignity, Participation, Diversity, Social Justice, and Professionalism. We use these values to guide our approach to our advocacy work and to underpin our relationships within the organisation and with our stakeholders.
Everything we do is based on a recognition of the diversity of identity and situation among older people and a concern for equality for all older people. In addressing ageing, our work includes a concern to influence perspectives on and responses to ageing. This pursuit of equality and human rights is underpinned by our work to promote ageing in place, life‐long learning, and health and wellbeing for older people, empowering them to live as active citizens. Our work is driven by an organisation that is professional in its operations and lives out its values of dignity, participation, diversity, social justice and professionalism.
Age Action wishes to conduct an independent strategic review of fundraising to ensure its fundraising practice, methods and approach is consistent with Age Action’s values and strategic priorities. We invite tenders from experienced and innovative fundraising consultants to carry out this strategic review and develop a detailed and comprehensive fundraising strategy, implementation plan and aligned marketing / communications plan to support organisational growth and sustainability.
A Fundraising Strategic Review Committee (FSRC) has been established to oversee and support this process.
The successful candidate will deliver a detailed, comprehensive fundraising review and strategy, which will;
- Analyze and assess fundraising within the context of Age Action’s overall income generation.
- Evaluate and advise on optimum mix of income streams for future growth & sustainability.
- Review and evaluate fundraising strategy, plans/activities, partnerships, policies & practices.
- Research current external environment within which Age Action’s fundraising operates.
- Undertake a process of stakeholder consultation (fundraising, wider staff, Board of Directors, Members/Volunteers, Donors/Supporters, Corporates/Trusts, Philanthropists, other groups).
- Research, identify and advise on potential new/enhanced sources of fundraising income.
- Develop a detailed and comprehensive fundraising strategy to generate sustainable and diverse income streams within the optimum funding mix and aligned to Age Action values and strategic objectives and priorities.
- Develop aligned Communications/Marketing plan to support and drive income generation.
- Clarify fundraising role and advise on integrating into the organisation for the future.
It is expected that this process will result in a comprehensive Strategic Review Document, a detailed Fundraising Strategy with aligned Communications/Marketing Plan including fully costed Implementation Plan.
Process and Time Scale:
- Contract commencement: June 2019
- Consultation meeting with Fundraising Strategic Review Committee (FSRC): June 2019.
- Draft Review and Strategy presented to FSRC: by end of July 2019.
- Final review and full strategic plan and implementation plan delivered: by 30th August 2019
- Presentation to the FSRC will take place by 30th August 2019.
Terms and Conditions:
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will work for an agreed number of days over a short-term period over 3 months (budget not exceed upper limits of €15-20K).
- Costs and payment arrangements will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- The terms and precise hours to be agreed between the contractor and Age Action.
Age Action will select the successful contractor based on their qualifications, fundraising knowledge and experience, track record of delivering similar strategic reviews and cost effectiveness.
- Quality of Proposal – 70 marks
- Subject matter expertise – 50 marks
- Previous experience of successfully conducting this type of work – 50 marks
- Proposed cost – 30 marks
Submission of Tenders:
It is a requirement that the following documentation is supplied at submission:
- Consultant Details: name, address, phone number(s), email, registered company number.
- Tender Proposal: (4pg max.) outlining how consultant would approach all aspects of the work as indicated previously; including methodology, rationale, timeline, full/detailed costs, etc.
- Detailed Consultant Credentials: including two short relevant case studies that outline how the consultant has delivered similar work in the past, with references that we may contact.
- Terms of Business and Provision of an up to date Tax Clearance Certificate.
Age Action requests that tender proposals and supporting documentation are submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 7th June 2019.
Interviews for those shortlisted will take place in June and applicants should be available to commence immediately afterwards.
All tenders will be evaluated against the objectives set out above combined with cost effectiveness and track record of delivering results.