INVITATION TO TENDER FOR A BASELINE HEALTH SURVEY FOR MID-WEST TRAVELLER PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROGRAMME IN CHO 3 (CLARE, NORTH TIPPERARY, LIMERICK CITY AND WEST LIMERICK)
The Traveller Health Unit in conjunction with West Limerick Resources are seeking proposals from suitably qualified individuals/organisations to develop, implement the field work and report on a baseline health survey for the CHO3 area.
Improving the health and well being status of the Traveller community is not a short term goal, but one that requires interventions by many players over an extended period of time.
The core role of the Traveller Health Unit Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022 is to:
- Promote healthy lifestyles in the Traveller community
- Support change in the issues that affect Traveller health , such as accommodation, education, employment and discrimination
- Assist health service providers to respond to cultural difference
The Traveller Primary Health Care Programme (currently comprised of three Primary Health Care projects), is solely funded by the Traveller Health Unit and has a unique role in narrowing the gap that exists between the Traveller community which experiences poor health/ health inequalities and a health care system that is not inclusive of/accessible to Travellers or being used effectively by Travellers. The PHCP has been in existence in the Mid-West for over ten years and this Baseline Health Survey will help us to identify current key health issues for Travellers, the priority responses that need to be put in place and to then identify a process to measure the impact and effectiveness of the PHCP work in their respective communities.
Expected outcomes and outputs
The following are the expected outcomes from the Baseline Health Survey:
- Clear demographic profile of the Traveller community in the three locations
- Clearly identified baseline of the health status of Travellers in the three locations including strengths and areas that need to be prioritised
- Clear identification of the health impacts of a range of social determinants of health and their impact on the Traveller community in the three locations
- Increased awareness of Traveller Health among Travellers themselves
- Feedback to the Traveller community on the results of the Baseline Health Survey and providing them with the opportunity to engage in a process to support a response to the key issues identified.
Please see Tender Document attached below for more details.
Tender queries or clarifications should be addressed to:
Co- Ordinator of Traveller Health Services
PO Box 486
Email : Josephine.email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of tender:
Please forward a written signed tender proposal (marked THU Baseline Health Survey) as well as an electronic copy no later than 5pm, Friday 3rd May, 2019 to:
West Limerick Resources
St. Mary’s Road