Africa Day 2019 – Expression of Interest
Waterford City & County Council wishes to commence an expression of interest process for an Event Coordinator to deliver and administer Africa Day 2019, subject to Department funding, on behalf of Waterford City & County Council.
The date for Africa Day Waterford is yet to be confirmed but will take place in early June in Waterford's Cultural Quarter and will celebrate African diversity and success, and the cultural and economic potential of the continent.
Irish Aid at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has been the driving force behind Africa Day celebrations and funds and promotes community-based programmes and policy-focused initiatives around the country as part of the celebratory event.
Waterford City & County Council now wishes to select an appropriate organisation / individual to deliver and administer Africa Day for 2019 and therefore invites submissions outlining a proposal for coordinating the Africa Day Celebration. The appointment of the Africa Day Coordinator is entirely dependent on funding for the event being allocated to Waterford City & County Council by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The submission should not be more than 500 words detailing the proposed coordination plan for working with the African communities and delivering the programme in early June. Points/guidelines to take note of:
- The contract cost shall not exceed €1,500.00 (inc Vat, travel & expenses).
- The programme/activities being proposed should promote a positive image of Africa; highlight the Irish Aid programme in Africa; and have an education component.
- The events are non profit making and have a particular emphasis on attracting families.
- These events are accessible/participative and reflect Waterford County as a whole.
- Management of the event includes Health & Safety Compliance & Full Insurance & tax compliance.
- The Community Department of Waterford City & County Council will be responsible for the funding application to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and for allocation of funds for Africa Day Costs.
Please revert if interested with proposal concept as per above to email@example.com by 4pm on March 29th 2019 and should you have any queries regarding the expression of interest process, please do not hesitate in contacting me on the email address above.
Waterford City & County Council