Review of Activities & Traveller Community Leadership Programme
KTCM is a Traveller led organisation which supports Travellers and Traveller community development throughout County Kilkenny. The organisation has the following aim and objectives:
Aim: To provide a supportive environment for all Travellers in County Kilkenny to work together and make progress.
Objectives: · To provide support and a friendly environment for Travellers to work together and participate · To support groups around the county to develop, encourage Traveller participation and leadership in order to make progress · To provide and link Travellers into opportunities for education and training · To create and link Travellers into employment opportunities · To create awareness and promote a better understanding of Traveller culture and lifestyle · To work with honesty and respect for others · To promote the inclusion of Travellers and their culture · To support Travellers to network with other Traveller families, communities and organisations.
The projects is responsible for the oversight and in some cases the delivery - with partners - of the following projects;
- An Afterschool’s Service
- A community development programme of work
- Traveller Horse engagement work
- Community Healthcare Project.
The KTCM is seeking tenders which will outline how the contractor will approach;
- A review of the focus and effectiveness of the community development activities attached to the KTCM.
- A review of the leadership capacity within the KTCM, where new leaders might be emerging and how this can be resourced through a leadership training programme.
- Using a participatory approach design and delivery of a training programme that initiates the building of the capacity and focus in the leadership focus of the KTCM. The training programme should include a member led process. Elements of this programme should include a level of certification.
- Identification of priority issues and fora where Traveller representation should be strengthened. The production of a strategy document identifying these issues.
Value of tender; €5,000.00
To submit a tender please;
- Clear outline of process/plan.
- Supply clear costings for inputs.
- Provide evidence of insurance.
- Provide a current Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Provide evidence of previous work in training & development. In particular any previous work with the Traveller community.
For further information you may contact; Tom McDonald details below.
Submit tender to;
By post; Tom McDonald, Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. 8 Patricks Ct. Patricks St Kilkenny. Or by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm 22nd February 2019
Submissions must be submitted in a SINGLE document, preferably in pdf format.
Any queries should be addressed to Tom McDonald on the above email or by phone on (056) 7752111.
Please note that the issuing of a contract relating to this request for tender is subject to awarding of funding.