NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
to prepare a
Strategic Plan 2019 – 2021
for Kildare Youth Services
Kildare Youth Services strives towards a vision of an inclusive and just society where young people, children and families are valued in their own right as individuals and are positively engaged and supported by their communities and by wider society to reach their full potential.
To support young people, children and families in Co. Kildare & West Wicklow to enable them to live a full and active life within their communities and society.
Going into 2019, KYS now manages 20 individual projects through an Integrated Youth Service Model. They include:
- 7 community-based targeted youth projects working with young people in Kildare Town, Athy, The Curragh, Newbridge, Leixlip, Naas/Clane and West Wicklow;
- 2 Garda Youth Diversion Projects in Celbridge and The Curragh/Newbridge;
- A Youth Information Service based in Naas;
- Naas Child & Family Project working with children & families in need in the Naas area;
- Youth Counselling Service, supporting young people and families across the County in Athy; Celbridge; Leixlip; Naas; Newbridge and Rathangan;
- The HALO Project, working with 12 to 18 year olds in relation to their substance misuse across Kildare and West Wicklow.
- The FAIM Project working with children & families in need in Kildare and West Wicklow;
- Comhairle na nOg, supporting young people to engage in the civil life of their community as active citizens;
- KLGBT+ Project supporting young lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people across the region;
- Youth Mental Health Initiative, working with young people around positive mental health;
- targeted community-based youth work in Anne St., Prosperous on behalf of the Maynooth Municipal District; and Castlefenn, Sallins; and Monread, Naas on behalf of the Naas Municipal District;
- The EOLAS Project, a mental health information and support programme;
- A Community Employment Scheme supporting 30 long-term unemployed people to re-engage in the workforce in a variety of roles within Kildare Youth Services;
- 9 volunteer-led youth clubs across Kildare and West Wicklow.
In 2017 Kildare Youth Services worked with 3,162 young people, children, and their families. Of those 785 were engaged in volunteer led Youth Clubs, supported by 151 club volunteers. 2,382 of them were engaged in 20 different projects. We employ 86 people across the service, and a further 42 people support the project work in a voluntary capacity.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- The purpose of this tender is to identify an individual / agency to work with Kildare Youth Services to facilitate and prepare a Strategic Development Plan 2019 - 2021.
- The contract will begin in early March 2019 and it is envisaged the work will be undertaken over a six to seven week period with a target completion date of 30th April, 2019.
- Written tenders will be invited from competent organisations/persons with experience and a proven track record of undertaking similar strategic business planning work within the Community & Voluntary / NGO sectors.
- Completed proposals must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 22nd February, 2019 by post or email to:
Address: Unit 34/35 Naas Town Centre, Dublin Rd, Naas, Co. Kildare
Email: tom.dunne@ kys.ie
- Proposals will be assessed and scored by the Strategic Plan Working Group overseeing the process, comprising 2 members of the Kildare Youth Service Board of Directors and 2 members of the Kildare Youth Services Senior Management Team.
- The selection of the preferred provider may be solely based on the written tender. If this is the case the selected individual/entity will be expected to make a presentation to the Strategic Plan Working Group in advance of commencing the piece of work.
- However, following the assessment of written tenders, the Strategic Plan Working Group may decide to invite a number of applicants to make a presentation followed by questions, before making a final determination on the preferred provider.
Services to be provided
- A single contract will be awarded to a knowledgeable, experienced, qualified, and responsive individual/organisation to conduct a strategic planning consultation process for Kildare Youth Services
- The contractor will be responsible for:
- engaging with and gathering information from all relevant internal and external stakeholders,
- researching and analysing information, and
- producing a draft strategic plan including recommendations for implementation.
- The contractor will be responsible for all printing, photocopying, external meeting room hire and all ancillary costs including their own travel and subsistence where necessary and appropriate.
- The award will be a single, fixed price contract for the project to the successful individual or entity for the piece of work described.
Term of Contract
- The term of the project will be for a fixed period determined by the length of time necessary to conduct the piece of work.
- It is estimated it will take no more than six weeks.
- A tender response must include the following:-
- Names and CV’s of the personnel actually undertaking the work outlining their relevant experience and qualifications.
- Demonstration of an understanding of the brief.
- Project management methodology: The proposal must include a detailed description of how the proposer intends to deliver the work with a particular focus on how outcomes will be delivered and identified.
- Evidence of prior experience and track record in the delivery of similar projects.
- At least one example of a similar piece of work
- A minimum of three referees who can be contacted including one that the tenderer was engaged by within the last twelve months.
Your tender should outline a breakdown of your proposed budget (€6 - €8k max.) and should include:
- All staffing costs (the number of days and the rate per day including VAT)
- Any other costs incurred in the completion of the project – printing, photocopying, room hire, other ancillary costs
- Specification of applicable VAT rates
Assessment of Tenders
The following criteria will be used to determine the successful tenderer;
Non-Price Criteria: Total Weighting (65)
- Experience of undertaking similar work (20)
- Methodologies (15)
- Sectoral Knowledge (10)
- Personnel (10)
- Ability to deliver project within time frame (10)
Price Criteria - Total Weighting (35)
- The tendered fee (20)
- Value for money (fee/days) (15)
Total Marks 100
- Availability to start and complete the piece of work on the dates to be agreed by Kildare Youth Services is a given.
- The contractors should be available to make a 10 - 15 minute presentation on their proposal.
- Please note: The cost of drafting or presentation of tenders must be borne by the Tenderer.
Queries and Information Concerning this Tender
- The sole point of contact in relation to this tender call is Tom Dunne, CEO, Kildare Youth Services by email on email@example.com on or before Friday 15th February, 2019 - queries and requests by phone or post will not be responded to.
- The information provided in response to queries and requests received from any tenderer will be shared with all tenderers to ensure transparency and fairness in the process.
- The identity of the tenderer who made the query or request will be not be shared.
- The lowest proposal received is not a guarantee of award of contract. Suitability and previous experience as well as availability will be a consideration.
- It will be a condition of appointment that the proposer appointed shall be able to provide evidence of Tax Clearance and VAT number where applicable.
- Payment for services covered by the proposed contract will be on foot of appropriate invoices, which will be based on agreed deliverables. Invoicing arrangements will be agreed with the successful proposer, following the award of contract.
- The proposer will be required to provide regular updates to Kildare Youth Services during the course of the contract.
- All costs must be quoted in Euros and specify if VAT inclusive or exclusive applies.
- The total estimated costs should be clearly stated and must be a single fixed figure quotation.
- The single fixed figure agreed for the piece of work will be the sole cost paid by Kildare Youth Services.
Confidentiality of Evaluation
- After the official receipt of tenders, information relating to the examination, clarification, evaluation and comparison of tenders and recommendations concerning the award of contract will not be disclosed to tenderers or other persons not officially concerned with the process.