NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Request to Tender for Educate Together Learn Together Review
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals and / or organisations are invited to submit a tender for the Review of the Educate Together Learn Together Ethical Education Curriculum.
Educate Together comprises a growing network of 97 schools in Ireland (84 primary and 13 second-level schools). In addition to the national curriculum, Educate Together schools teach Ethical Education, at primary level this is called the Learn Together Curriculum (2004). The aim of Ethical Education is to extend and hone pupils’ ability to explore, question, understand and reflect critically on their own values, beliefs, worldviews and those of others and to develop their skills to communicate effectively and respectfully and act ethically.
The Learn Together Curriculum at primary-level is an important element of fulfilling the Educate Together Charter which commits to the establishment of schools which are:
- Equality-based, i.e., all children having equal rights of access to the school, and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected,
- Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities,
- Learner-Centred in their approach to education,
- Democratically run with active participation by parents in the daily life of the school, whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers
The Learn Together Curriculum was published in 2004 and encompasses four strands: Moral and Spiritual; Equality and Justice; Belief Systems and Ethics and the Environment.
Educate Together has begun the process of reviewing this curriculum with the objective of updating and revising the content to address contemporary needs and issues. The organisation wishes to contract an individual(s) or organisation to complete this review process to include a supported pilot phase of implementation prior to finalising a new curriculum.
The successful contractee will work with stakeholders in the Educate Together Network, including staff of the National Office to review the Learn Together Curriculum supported by an advisory group. The review will include a supported pilot phase prior to finalisation of a revised Learn Together curriculum.
The review and pilot process may include but not be limited to:
- Reviewing relevant documentation related to the Learn Together
- Arranging and co-ordinating focus groups of teachers, parents and pupils on the Learn Together
- Collating results of online surveys to stake-holders
- Writing a draft curriculum based on the above which will be piloted in schools
- Reviewing planning documents from schools and producing a template for use in schools which will be included in the draft curriculum
- Amending the draft curriculum in line with feedback subsequent to the piloting phase
- Reporting to the Primary Education Officer and the Education and Support Manager
- Liaising with the Learn Together Review Advisory Group on a regular basis
Key determinants in awarding this contract will be:
- Outlining of a clear process and timeline for completion of the review and pilot;
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of stakeholders including teachers and students;
- Cost effectiveness.
- The successful tender will have a proven track record in the education and equality sector preferably with experiences in developing curriculum, resource and/or guidance materials.
- Professional qualification in education with a strong knowledge and understanding of the education sector in Ireland, preferably gained through the experience of teaching.
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely.
Further Information and Applications
Tenders should be emailed to: Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org marked Tender for the Review of the Learn Together Curriculum
Deadline: 14th January 2019.
Note: The Learn Together Curriculum is available in all sections of the Learn Together Resource Bank.