NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Request to Tender for the Implementation of
Educate Together Senior Cycle Curriculum Pilot and Evaluation
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals and/or organisations are invited to submit a tender for the Implementation of the Educate Together Senior Cycle Curriculum Pilot and Evaluation.
Educate Together comprises a growing network of 97 schools in Ireland (84 primary and 13 second-level schools). In addition to the national curriculum, Educate Together schools teach Ethical Education. The aim of Ethical Education is to extend and hone students’ ability to explore, question, understand and reflect critically on their own values, beliefs, worldviews and those of others and to develop their skills to communicate effectively and respectfully and act ethically.
The Ethical Education Curriculums at primary and second-level are an important element of fulfilling the Educate Together Charter which commits to the establishment of schools which are:
- Equality-based, i.e., all children having equal rights of access to the school, and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected,
- Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities,
- Learner Centered in their approach to education,
- Democratically run with active participation by parents in the daily life of the school, whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers
The first Educate Together second-level schools opened in 2014. A Junior Cycle Ethical Education Curriculum was developed and is currently taught in all schools. The first Educate Together Senior Cycle students entered Transition Year or Fifth Year in September 2017. A draft curriculum outline for Transition Year Ethical Education was developed and taught from September 2017. Under the guidance of an Educate Together Development Education Working Group, a draft Senior Cycle Ethical Education Curriculum and Teacher Guide was developed for use with students from September 2018.
Educate Together is seeking to advance the work that has been done on this Senior Cycle Ethical Education Curriculum to include:
- An evaluation of the draft curriculum based on the experience of the pilot;
- Consultation with stakeholders including teachers and students;
- Production of reports on consultations and recommendations for improvement and further development of the curriculum;
- Writing the final draft of the Senior Cycle Ethical Education Curriculum with the following deadlines for completion: Fifth Year Curriculum to be finalized by August 2019 and Sixth Year Curriculum to be finalized by August 2020.
The successful contractee will work with students and staff in the 3 Educate Together second-level schools that currently have Senior Cycle students and staff of the National Office to implement the Senior Cycle Ethical Education Curriculum pilot and evaluation.
The pilot and evaluation process may include but not be limited to:
- Planning and facilitating opportunities for teachers and students to reflect on the curriculum and share their experiences, learning and recommendations.
- Creating an evaluation tool for teachers and students.
- Collecting and analysing evaluations.
- Attending training sessions for teachers and sharing recommendations.
- Using the information collected during the pilot and evaluation to complete writing of finalised Ethical Education Curriculum.
The successful tender will be:
Key determinants in awarding this contract will be:
- Outlining of a clear process and timeline for completion of the pilot and evaluation;
- Taking account of innovation and a focus on equality-based schools;
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of stakeholders including teachers and students;
- Cost effectiveness;
- The successful applicant will have a proven track record in the education and equality sector.
Further Information and Applications
Tenders to be emailed to: Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org marked Tender for the Implementation of Educate Together Senior Cycle Curriculum Pilot and Evaluation.
Deadline: 14th January 2019
Note: Senior Cycle Ethical Education Draft Curriculum and Teacher Guide are available to access at https://learning.educatetogether.ie/course/view.php?id=26.