Enterprise Supports Tender 2018
Blanchardstown Area Partnership is the social inclusion organisation for Fingal and operates the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP). As such, it will change its name to Empower in 2018. Empower is responsible for a range of programmes to meet the needs of individuals, families and community groups in the area.
Empower provides an array of enterprise support services for those seeking to become self-employed and for those already trading, including 1-2-1 supports, Marketing and Sales training, Start Your Own Business courses and small loan supports. Additionally, the Enterprise Department administers the application process for the Back To Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA) and the Short Term Enterprise Allowance (STEA) schemes.
To assist Empower in carrying out its function, we are seeking tender proposals for the provision of Enterprise Supports across Fingal County. Training centres will be in Blanchardstown and Balbriggan.
- Weekly: Client 1-2-1 meetings and follow-up phone calls, emails.
Hours (estimated): 3-4 x 1 hour client 1-2-1 meetings
Plus 1 hour phone/email queries
Client reports and statistical information to be returned to Empower as required.
Hours (estimated): Throughout contract term; 12 x 1hour
- Quarterly & Annual
Narrative reports to be returned to Empower. End of Year report with recommendations etc.
Hours (estimated): Throughout contract term, average 1 hour per month (this should also cover any additional administration work).
- All client queries to be responded to within 48 working hours, calls returned, appointments arranged etc. Empower to be notified of same on a weekly basis.
Client 1-2-1 meetings will be arranged by Empower, in conjunction with the Contractor.
Requirements for Tenders:
Each tender should contain
- Information about history and background of training company, experience, past work and relevant qualifications and a brief biography of all people who would be employed on the task, including admin support persons where relevant, along with a picture
- Previous experience of working with Empower target groups should be outlined in the proposal.
- Outline their proposed methodology for carrying out the deliverables.
- Outline a proposed format, templates to be included, for the relevant weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports clearly showing proposed section headings etc.
With regard to costings:
- A cost for attending additional meetings should also be shown and these may be invoiced separately as/if they occur.
- All facilities, meeting room, training room, and recruitment will be provided for by Empower. Photocopying and printing are not included in the facilities provided except in exceptional circumstances.
- It is proposed that payments will be made on a monthly basis on receipt of invoice per number of hours engaged. Hours of engagement may vary per month. However, there will be a minimum number of 20 hours committed per month.
The contracted period will run from March 2018 to December 2018.
With regard to costings:
The tender price must be all inclusive, including travel. All tender prices should be clearly shown exclusive of VAT; the VAT rate applicable must be shown separately as appropriate.
Invoicing to be submitted per completed workshop.
Freedom of Information:
Empower undertakes to use its best endeavours to hold confidential any information provided by you, subject to our obligations under the law, including the Freedom of Information Act 1997 and 2003. Should you wish any information supplied not to be disclosed because of its sensitivity you should identify same, and specify the reason(s) for its sensitivity. Whilst this will be taken into consideration, the compliance of the Freedom of Information Act will always take precedence over the release of material.
Procedure for Tenders:
Empower tendering process is based on principles of value for money, integrity and fairness. Our tender evaluation process takes into account quality, methodology and previous experience with our target groups, in a manner to ensure value for money.
Completed tenders (1 hard copy and 1 copy by email) marked “Enterprise Support Tender” should be forwarded to:
106 Coolmine Business Park
Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should arrive no later than 5.00pm on Friday 23rd February 2018. Submissions received after the time and date specified above will not be accepted.
The provision of these training sessions will be subject to appropriate funding being secured by Empower.