NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Green Party / Comhaontas Glas
GENERAL SECRETARY OF THE GREEN PARTY
The Green Party is one of Ireland’s fastest growing political movements. As we look towards an imminent general election in 2020, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to lead our team into the next decade.
Real change only comes when we act together, and this begins within the Green Party organisation. This role is a critical leadership role within the Party, and the role holder will work in the spirit of the party’s principles and in accordance with the constitution and policies of the Green Party / Comhaontas Glas.
General Secretary – Role Description
Based at: Green Party Head Office & Leinster House, Dublin 2.
Remuneration: Range €60,000 - €65,000 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: Monday 9th December 2019
All applications and queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main purpose of the role
- To proactively manage the day to day and strategic operations of the Green Party in conjunction with the Management Committee, Executive Committee and other party organs, in accordance with the Party Strategic Plan.
- To lead the Head Office team in target-led delivery of Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
- To ensure optimal readiness of the Green Party to contest elections and to contribute to Green governance at local, national and European levels.
- To carry out the instructions of the Executive Committee and to ensure timely action on Party developments.
Please see a detailed Job Description and Person Specification attached below
How to apply
Please note applications that do not follow the specifications below will not be considered.
Please email, in .pdf format only:
- A cover letter – maximum two pages 12 pt font in .pdf format. The cover letter must demonstrate how a candidate meets the criteria specified in the job description and person specification.
- A CV – maximum four pages 12 pt font in .pdf format.
Applications will be shortlisted based on evidence supplied. All applications and correspondence should be directed to email@example.com.
The Green Party is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse cross-section of the entire community.