Pieta House provide a range of counselling services for people who are suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta House also operate a national 24 hour helpline (1800 247 247) and a dedicated Research, Education and Training office. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for our clients.
We are recruiting for the following;
Monday to Friday - (35 hours per week)
(NOTE: May include some evening and weekend work occasionally)
Location: Pieta House Tralee
Role and Responsibilities:
The role of the Centre Manager is to manage a team of therapists and oversee all clinical issues that may arise in Pieta House. The Centre Manager will also be responsible for the management of the clinical support (admin) staff including operations, procedures and resources to facilitate and support the delivery of a “best in class” counselling service. This also includes ensuring that the “Pieta Way” for each Centre is delivered effectively and on time, while maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff and maintaining office records.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining clinical caseload
- Managing, monitoring and supporting all therapists and staff.
- Welcoming new therapists to the centre and setting them up with a “buddy”.
- Modelling all policies and procedures and ensuring therapists follow them.
- Ensure therapists are using the therapy models of Pieta House.
- Overseeing file hygiene. (full details of which will be provided to the successful candidate)
- To check level of cancellations and numbers of ‘did not attend session’ of each therapist and to report to clinical team if there is an increase in either.
- Promoting and maintaining the ethos of Pieta House which is rooted in compassion and care.
- Assist the Fundraising function occasionally with presentations and represent Pieta House at external fundraising events. (outside normal working hours).
- To manage and maintain appropriate record for annual leave and to report on all sick leave to HR and Payroll.
- Provide support to therapists with regard to any issues with clients.
- To check waiting list on a regular basis to ensure clients have been contacted with either an appointment an offer of a holdover or a phone call to check in with them to see how they are.
- To check in with clinical team regarding any issues and attend a Clinical and Administration Managers meeting every three months.
- Provide monthly reports as required to Regional Manager.
- Build and foster relationships with other agencies.
- Sign off on contract therapist hours at the end of each month (against the PIMS and Toto timesheets).
- Manage and analyse procedural and policy processes to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- Oversee and manage initial call screening and the initial risk assessment process, ensuring best practice.
- Co-ordinate with staff to ensure clients are scheduled to the appropriate counsellors and that appointments scheduled match resources and capacity.
- Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems and ensure these are updated.
- Train all new administration staff in the Pieta way in order to achieve the ‘Centre of Excellence’ standard.
- Ensure Salesforce training is provided for all staff, and strictly adhered to as required.
- Train staff on call monitoring and risk assessing as per guidelines ensuring maximum care and confidentiality to clients.
- Ensure files and forms are maintained and updated in the correct format and inform staff accordingly of any changes necessary.
- Oversee office supplies inventory.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data.
- Manage the health and safety aspects of the centre in line with policy.
- Manage the staff vis-a-via MSM process. (management and support meetings)
- Manage and maintain costs in line with budgets set.
Education, Skills and Experience:
All applicants should have most or all of the following:
- Ideally have a minimum of two years supervisory or management experience.
- Clinical experience is desirable for this position.
- Be fully accredited with IACP, IAHIP, PSI, NAPCP or equivalent.
- Possess excellent literacy, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be adept in using Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
- Maintain absolute discretion in all aspects of the work.
- An ability to work on their own initiative and have a strong ability to manage and work with a team of therapists as well as our Pieta clients and stakeholders.
- Be interested in and demonstrate a belief and enthusiasm for the work of Pieta House.
- Be able to liaise in a professional manner with Pieta’s headquarters and the various function heads of each.
- Have completed The Children’s First HSE Training and be certified.
- Be committed to working closely with the staff to resolve together issues as they arise.
- Prepare and deliver external presentations on behalf of Pieta when required
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for all of the above posts should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by Wednesday 23rd October 2019.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER