NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Salvation Army
Job Reference: LH107
We are currently seeking to recruit people who are highly motivated, for our Centre which incorporates two services. The Nightlight service provides emergency accommodation and support for young people aged between 12-18 years. The Support Flats Aftercare support service provides 6 one- bedroom apartments for young adults working towards independent living.
2 X Part- time Social Care Workers and Relief Social Care Workers are required for the services.
The roles include night shifts and weekend work. A 10% night premium, double pay on Sundays & Public Holidays worked applies.
- Work as an active and committed member of the Social Care team in providing a high level of care to the young people and residents in our services, supporting them in achieving their goals.
- Assess young people & resident’s needs and implement plans to support these in conjunction with all relevant professionals.
- Complete strengths based assessments.
- Contribute and assist in the implementation of young people’s & residents care plans.
- Liaise with relevant professionals and advocate for the residents where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of relevant changes in legislation, support services for young people and community involvement that will enhance the lives of the young people in our care.
- Continue to upskill and attend relevant training as identified through professional supervision provided.
- Support the ethos of the Salvation Army.
Social Care Worker - Must have a BA in Social Care awarded from the Institute of Technologies or equivalent. Relevant experience is desired.
Relief Social Care Worker - Must have a BA in Social Care (or currently undertaking) awarded from the Institute of Technologies or equivalent. Relevant experience is desired.
Probationary Period: All posts are subject to a six month probationary period.
Please forward C.V. and cover letter with reference number to:
Closing Date: 13.09.19
The Salvation Army is a Christian Church and a registered Charity, promoting Equality in the Workplace.
Registered in the Republic of Ireland No: 90791 Registered Charity Number CHY6399