Macra na Feirme
Job Title: Events & Marketing Coordinator
Contract Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday
Reporting To: PR & Communications Manager
Hours: 37 ½ Hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours
About Macra na Feirme
Macra na Feirme is a vibrant, independent, non-profit, national voluntary organisation for rural young people and young farmers between the ages of 17 and 35 engaged in youth development and training. The organisation consists of a nationwide network of clubs which support a range of activities in agriculture, sport, travel, public speaking and performing arts.
Macra na Feirme is committed to the personal development of members and puts emphasis on social interaction and participation.
Macra na Feirme employs almost 20 staff and involves hundreds of volunteers on a weekly and monthly basis in the delivery of services to members through almost 200 clubs across the country. Our clubs and volunteers are active members of their own rural and local communities, often involved in other community activities such as fundraising for local causes.
About the Role
As our Events & Marketing Coordinator, you will plan, coordinate all aspects of our national events, activities and projects throughout the year. The events range from national conferences, AGM, awards ceremonies, meetings, briefings and campaigns. You will also support the PR & Communications manager in delivering a quality digital social media coverage of these events.
- To plan and organise a range of diverse events, activities and projects throughout the year.
- Planning, implementing and delivering key national events and initiatives including Leadership awards, Club of the Year competition, Young Farmer of the Year and Know Your Neighbour Campaigns.
- With the support of the PR & Communications Manager, you will lead the creative development of our presence at major shows such as the National Ploughing Championships, Tullamore Show and other agri/youth related shows.
- Planning and organising key events including the annual ‘Rally’/national conference, AGM, annual training events, and other marquee events.
- Full Driver’s license and your own car is essential.
- Supporting the PR Manager in effectively communicating events and competitions, maintaining Macra na Feirme’s online presence and enhancing our social media output.
- Relationship management with key sponsors ensuring their inclusion, participation and engagement.
If you are our ideal person, you will have the ability to:
- Plan and deliver events, activities and campaigns with a focus on excellence.
- Efficiently and effectively project manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Focus on budget and time deliver.
- Analysis and evaluation past events for continuous improvement.
- Work to tight deadlines with several competing priorities.
- Be an excellent team player that supports colleagues.
- Engage with drive, passion and commitment.
- Communicate assertively, effectively and professionally to a wide range of stakeholders, members, sponsors and others.
- Develop annual business plans and input to overall strategic plan.
About the Person
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Recent qualification in event management or public relations, at degree level.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm, organised and flexible while juggling a wide range of competing priorities.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with other event, PR or CRM software an advantage but not essential.
- Strong social media skills with experience of monitoring, updating and creating content is desirable.
- An interest in young people, rural Ireland or agriculture is an advantage.
- The successful candidate will receive 25 days annual leave.
- Macra na Feirme operates a time in lieu system for hours worked outside of normal working hours.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to onsite car parking and canteen facilities.
- Salary will depend on experience.
The successful candidate will have a full clean driving license. Candidates are subject to Garda Vetting.
Please send your CV and cover letter (Max 1 page) outlining why you feel you are a good fit for the role.
Application should be submitted before Wednesday, July 24th at 3pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting will apply.