Company: Mark Pollock Trust & Run in the Dark
About the Role
Title: Customer Service & Sales Representative
Reports to: CEO
Based at: 3rd Floor, Styne House, Upper Hatch St, Dublin 2
The Mark Pollock Trust is hiring two sales and customer service staff to work on Run in the Dark 2019. This is a 3-month contract working in a busy, dynamic office with the opportunity to be part of a global running event and support a worthwhile cause. The role will commence Monday 19th August until Friday 29th November 2019, and is based in our office on Upper Hatch St, Dublin 2, and working hours are from 9am-5.30pm.
To manage all customer service & sales streams, both inbound and outbound to assist all past and prospective participants in entering our flagship fundraiser Run in the Dark.
Unbroken by blindness in 1998, Mark Pollock became an adventure athlete, including being the first blind person to race to the South Pole. In 2010 a fall from a second story window nearly killed him. Mark broke his back and the damage to his spinal cord left him paralysed. Now he is on a new expedition, this time to cure paralysis in our lifetime. Run in the Dark fuels that mission.
About the company
Spinal cord injury strikes at the very heart of what it means to be human – it turns people from their upright, walking, running, jumping forms into seated compromises of themselves. This is the reality for 2.5 million people globally suffering from spinal cord injury.
But Mark Pollock believes we can cure paralysis in our lifetime. To do it, he is exploring the intersection where humans and technology collide and catalysing collaborations that have never been done before across science, medicine, robotics and AI. The company’s key objectives are to create engaging content to raise awareness about spinal cord injury and Mark’s mission, and to operate Run in the Dark, a global running event.
- Effectively manage incoming enquiries through the following streams:
- Online website chat
- Social Media
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Schedule and execute all outbound sales emails and calls to past/prospective team captains to get them to completion/rejection stage
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Review or make changes to customer accounts
- Record details of customer contacts and actions taken
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Good telesales skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication written skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Please send your CV and short cover note by email to email@example.com by Friday 19th July 2019 at 6pm.