Involve Ltd – Athlone, County Westmeath
Travellers’ Voice Magazine is the only national publication in Ireland with a key focus on the positive promotion of the Traveller community; it has been in print since 1992. In recent times the magazine has undergone a dramatic transformation to become a more informative and educational tool, as well as having a design overhaul to rival its competitors.
The positions will require the successful candidates to structure and write articles to be published in Travellers’ Voice Magazine.
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficient in office computer programmes
- Organisational / Time management skills
- Have a full clean driving licence
- Motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a passion for writing and reporting
- Eligible for recruitment to a Community Services Programme
- Work with team members and editors to research and write original stories
- Create and maintain a network of contacts
- Submit editorial content to the Editor in a timely manner
- Help to promote our magazine features via our existing social media forums
The successful candidate will work 30 hours per week. The position is a 12 month contract, subject to a 6 month probationary period and continued funding.
Payment is in line with the national minimum wage requirement.
Applicants from the Traveller community are particularly welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Pobal CSP rates
C.V. to CSP Manager, Michael Power, Involve Ltd, Monksland Business Park, Monksland, Athlone, Co. Roscommon. Email: Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org