Procurement & Purchase Ledger Officer
Special Olympics Ireland is a sports organisation for people with an intellectual disability. Our Vision is to drive and support a quality year-round sports programme that is embedded in local communities, resourced by vibrant and strong leaders, and offers health and well-being opportunities to athletes with an intellectual disability from 4 years of age upwards.
Our staff and volunteers are dedicated to changing the lives of people with an intellectual disability through Sport. Special Olympics Ireland has one of the strongest Special Olympics Programmes worldwide and we are looking for a motivated individual to join our dedicated team to help build upon our success.
The person appointed will provide an important function within our Finance team, responsible for the management and support of the day-to-day procurement and purchase ledgers controls of the department.
- Daily management of the Accounts Payable inbox
- Post Suppliers invoices against related Purchase Orders on the Procurement System
- Post employee expenses to the Procurement system
- Daily review of invoices to identify prepayments, accruals and fixed assets for the Management Accountant
- Manage setup of new suppliers and the house keeps of supplier records on the Accounts system
- Maintain a register of valid tax-clearance certs for all suppliers
- Prioritising the review and uploading of the approved invoices file from the system on a weekly basis
- Prioritising of the weekly Supplier Payments Due Report and the BACS/ EFT payment files
- Posting and allocation of EFT and other direct debit payments
- Efficient and effective investigation and resolution of differences on account
- Manage the weekly upload of approved invoices from the procurement System to the Accounts system
- Provide day to day support and advice to staff in relation to Procurement queries
- Monthly production and review of the PO report for Accruals
- Assist budget holders with the review of end dates relating to procurement contracts
- Assist Finance Manager as required
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in procurement, ideally in public procurement
- Minimum of 2 year's relevant experience in managing the Purchase Ledger Control function
- ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland) qualification or similar would be desirable
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) qualification and experience in using an automated and integrated procurement management system would be a distinct advantage
- This post deals with a significant number of external suppliers and internal budget holders, therefore we are looking for excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as being a team player
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to adapt, multitask and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met.
Location: Dublin 15
Terms: Permanent / Full-time
Please send your CV along with a cover note and your answers to the following questions to SO.HR@specialolympics.ie
- Are you legally resident in Ireland and committed to taking this vacancy for more than one year?
- Are you fluent in the English language?
- When would you be available to start?
Special Olympics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer