NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Play Therapist and Adolescent Support Coordinator
Location: Pieta House Dublin South
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Purpose of Role
To address the growing need to provide counselling for the under 18 demographic seeking support from Pieta House. Play Therapy is an essential support to children, adolescents and their parents, particularly those presenting to Pieta House, given that we are a Crisis Intervention Service. Children need to use play to express their worries, fears and feelings. Ordinary methods of “talk therapy” cannot connect with children as they have not yet developed the cognitive ability to understand and communicate verbally what is going on for them. The Play Therapist and Adolescent Support Coordinator will administer counselling as well as acting as an advisor for all 15 Pieta House centres on questions relating to treatment for children under the age of 18. They will also facilitate training on child and adolescent counselling for Pieta House therapists.
- Administer counselling to children and adolescents
- Provide training to Pieta House therapists
- Advise Pieta House centres on issues relating to child and adolescent counselling
Key professional relationships
- Senior Clinical Director
- Regional Managers (Clinical)
- Clinical Managers
Skills, Education and Attributes
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, or PTI or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Diploma/MA in Practice Based Play Therapy
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in relevant area
- Ability to guide and review policies and procedures for child and adolescent clients,
- Demonstrate excellent administration and communication skills
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate and represent the organizations at meetings, seminars, presentations etc.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team
- Proven leadership skills
- IT skills – use of reporting tools, Microsoft, Word, Excel
- Ability to present to groups
- Ensure that Pieta House is fully compliant with the relevant Tusla requirements
Applications for all of the above posts should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by Friday 19th April 2019.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER