Ask Direct is Ireland’s leading individual giving fundraising and direct marketing agency. For more than a decade, we have been helping some of Ireland’s best and most dynamic non-profits to recruit tens of thousands of new supporters and raise millions of euro.
Our vision is to make the world a better place by consistently being the individual giving agency who everyone wants to work with, where everyone wants to work, and that gets the best results for our clients.
We aim to build successful and profitable relationships with clients by hiring only the best people to deliver the best expertise.
Among our current and recent clients are Breakthrough Cancer Research, CBM Ireland, Cork Simon Community, Dogs Trust, Don Bosco Care, Irish Guide Dogs, Irish Environmental Network, Labour Party, LauraLynn, Mater Foundation, and Trócaire.
We are now seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant agency, work with some of the best charities in Ireland... and help to change the world just a little bit.
Role: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Head of Finance
Direct Reports: None
The Finance Assistant supports the work of the Head of Finance, carries out day-to-day bookkeeping and assists with credit control and financial reporting.
- Process purchase invoices / credit notes on the accounts system.
- Process all receipts on the accounts system.
- Process all payments on the accounts system.
- Carry out bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Carry out all Revenue Online requirements on a monthly basis.
- Produce weekly aged debtors and creditors reports.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash.
- Liaise with Account Managers to ensure supplier invoices are signed off on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the preparation of information for the annual external audit.
2. Credit Control & Payments
- Liaise with suppliers via email and telephone regarding queries or invoices.
- Liaise with Head of Finance regarding payments on a weekly basis.
- Send out monthly supplier and customer statements.
- Assist with credit control and collection.
3. Learning & Development
- Take personal responsibility for own professional development.
4. Supporting Ask Direct’s Values
- Approach all aspects of your work with passion and commitment.
- Consistently take a results-driven approach, both to clients’ objectives, and our own.
- Carry out your work at all times with integrity and honesty.
- Continually strive to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Adopt an entrepreneurial mind-set, always seeking new opportunities for Ask Direct and for our clients.
- Support the work of the Head of Finance and Managing Director where appropriate.
- Carry out whatever other agreed tasks may be deemed necessary.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive working environment and a stimulating and harmonious workplace.
We’re only interested in hiring people who want to be the best.
We help some of the most important organisations in the country to raise the money they need to continue their astonishing work. We work hard, and we set high standards for ourselves. But we reward people who put the effort in and achieve successful outcomes.
The following attributes are essential:
You have excellent interpersonal skills and are comfortable working both on your own and as part of a small team. You’re a problem-solver. You have good attention to detail and strong time management and organisational skills. You’re comfortable working under pressure and to deadline. And you’re able to deal with the unexpected whenever it inevitably arises.
You have a passion for the not-for-profit sector and there’s some part of the world that you want to change for the better.
You should have a respect for other people and a commitment to help create a stimulating and harmonious workplace.
You must be fluent in English.
Ask Direct is a small, dynamic company. The good news is that this means there’ll be plenty of opportunities to learn and develop new skills. On the other hand, you’ll need to be flexible and you’ll be expected to get stuck in and do whatever tasks are required to ensure that projects are completed on time and to the highest levels of quality. No matter what your role is within the organisation you’ll need to answer phones, deal with mundane office tasks and, crucially, wash the dishes.
You must have at least one years’ experience working in a similar role using Sage, Xero or a similar accounting package.
You should have a relevant qualification in Business or Accounting. A Certificate (or higher) for Accounting Technicians would be an advantage.
Conditions of Employment
A salary in the region of €25,000 - €30,000 (pro-rata) will be offered to the successful candidate.
Ask Direct operates a performance-related bonus scheme. If you contribute to our success as a company you’ll share in the rewards.
All new employees are automatically enrolled in Ask Direct’s pension scheme unless they choose to opt-out. Ask Direct matches employee pension contributions up to a maximum of 5% of salary.
Contract: Permanent, subject to performance. A probation period of six months will apply, which may be extended upon review.
Hours of work: Part time, 14 hours per week (four half days per week).
We strive to be a family-friendly workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Annual Leave: 25 days (pro-rata).
Ask Direct has been accredited by Investors in People for high performance in people-management.
Please read the application instructions carefully.
To apply, please send a CV to email@example.com together with a letter of application outlining:
- Why you’d like to work for Ask Direct, and
- How you’d contribute to the company
Include the position you’re applying for in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for application is 5pm on Friday 26 April. Late applications will not be considered.