Vacancy: Fundraising Lead at the Sanctuary
The Sanctuary is a meditation and mindfulness charity based in Dublin 7 which was founded by social innovator Sr. Stanislaus Kennedy in 1998. We design and deliver a range of courses and programmes in the areas of: meditation and mindfulness; creativity and wellbeing; yoga and movement; and we have specialist programmes designed for young people and carers. We also host a number of conferences, retreats and specialist events throughout the year. In order to expand the impact of the organisation and to make it a more sustainable social enterprise we are looking to recruit a specialist to help raise funds to support the delivery of meditation courses and practices at the Sanctuary, schools and universities nationally. This is a 3 year fixed term full-time contract. Flexibility is required as the position can include evening & weekend work. Reporting to the Managing Director, salary €30 - 40K depending on experience.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for the Sanctuary and define the fundraising ask for potential donors
- Research and apply for government funding, grants and foundations
- Identify and write proposals for potential funders, philanthropists and corporates that might support the work of the Sanctuary
- Roll out and develop annual campaigns, corporate philanthropy events and community activities
- Generate progress reports and balanced forecasts. Report on events and community fundraising landscape including competitor analysis and new methodologies and platforms
- Develop the digital media campaigns, web / social media content and marketing materials for the fundraising aspect of the Sanctuary
- Oversee all supporter records and ensure compliance with internal and external good practice and codes
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and potential donors
- Engage in wider team planning with the goal of rolling out a streamlined and profitable events programme.
- Contribute to the Sanctuary team and the Sanctuary mission and values
The Candidate should:
- Have a degree in marketing, sales, communications or event planning or other relevant discipline
- Strong experience (3-4 years) in a detailed and demanding fundraising, sales, account management, events management or communications role
- Possess excellent networking skills with the ability to build constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Have knowledge of the fundraising code and governance compliance required for the sector
- Excellent writing, design, social media and presentation skills
- Have excellent team skills and professionalism in representing the Sanctuary publicly
- Demonstrate initiative and an ability to work on their own
- Have an understanding of mindfulness and meditation and the benefits of having it as a life skill
For a confidential discussion/application please contact Joyce Loughnan on 01 6705419 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com no later than 4pm on Tuesday the 23rd April with a view to preliminary interviews the week of April 29th – May 3rd for applicants successful in reaching the next stage of the recruitment process.