NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
ALONE provides Housing with Support, Support Coordination, Befriending with supports, BConnect training and technology, and campaigns for change to hundreds of older people every week, who are homeless, socially isolated, living in deprivation or in crisis.
We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to join our team in our Head Office in Dublin 8. The successful candidate will be a key member of the finance team in a growing organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to make a significant contribution to the achievement of ALONE’s vision and strategic goals. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of statutory, financial and management information for ALONE Stakeholders and be involved in the day to day finance function
You will report directly to the Finance Manager
- Month end reporting including prepayments, accruals and journals
- Management of restricted funds processing and reporting.
- Debtor/Creditor Ledger Review and reconciliations
- Balance sheet - monthly reconciliation
- Finance quality system review – process and procedures
- Funding reviews and submissions
- Other finance / admin tasks as required
Skills and Background
- Accountant Technician or Part Qualified Accountant training an advantage
- Experience of working in a Finance Environment for a minimum of 2 years.
- Knowledge of Sage Cloud an advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to drive process and procedure improvements.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment. The position will be based at our Head Office in Dublin. The salary will be dependent on skills and experience. All staff support fundraising communications and campaigns. These terms are subject to change.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position remains open until filled. ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please at www.alone.ie