Donegal Travellers Project is recruiting a Part time Development and Mental Health Worker
This post is to develop an approach and strategy for Traveller mental health in the CHO Area 1 which pilots programmes to improve mental health outcomes for the Traveller community in the region and develops interventions which reduce the risk of suicide and self harm. This is collaboration with Traveller organisations across CHO Area 1.
The overall work will be to:
- To deliver a range of programmes across the region which promote positive mental health and well-being with the Traveller community and local Traveller organisations.
- To develop local community based supports across the region to promote health and well-being with the Traveller community in collaboration with mental health services.
- To document the project and produce reports as required.
- Third Level qualification in mental health, social sciences, community development or other related disciplines;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in training/community development or mental health;
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and skills in advocacy; Report writing skills;
- Ability to deliver a range of programmes which promote positive mental health and well-being;
- Understanding of mental health issues and a knowledge of the Traveller community;
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to demonstrate care and consideration.
- Access to suitable transport to carry out the post is a requirement.
- The salary will be in line with the pay scales for the post by the company.
- This position is funded for 1 year by the Dormant accounts and is based in Ballyshannon.
- To Apply:
Apply in writing with a Curriculum Vitae to Dervala Broderick, Donegal Travellers Project, Port House, Port Road, Letterkenny.
Closing Date:is 26th Feb at 5 o'clock and the interviews will be on 28th Feb in Ballyshannon.