The Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly invites applications for the position of Financial Accountant.
Based at the Diocesan office of the Archbishop in Thurles, reporting to the Diocesan Secretary and the Finance Manager, this role principally involves ensuring that the Archdiocese and Parishes of Cashel & Emly are compliant with the 2009 Charities Act. In addition to be being responsible for the ongoing implementation of compliance issues as stipulated by the Charities Regulator.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- To assist and oversee the implementation of financial management controls within the Archdiocese and Parishes.
- The preparation and submission of reports to the Charities Regulator.
- Provide regular support for clergy and parish personnel on all aspects of best practice in finance and related matters.
- The delivery of a number of financial management duties in the Archdiocese e.g., file and system maintenance; compliance with legislative obligations; regular reports for the Finance Committee.
- As a member of the Finance Team, you will be required to undertake any other duties requested by your Line Manager and the Finance Committee.
- Provide sound financial and commercial advice and support to the Finance Committee as required on a range of associated matters.
Education, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Necessary experience in Finance/Accounting – Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant.
- Accounts preparation for audit.
- Provision of bookkeeping and payroll service.
- Knowledge of relevant computer accounting software systems and highly technically competent in operating such systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills – have the ability to adapt to a varied workload and to focus and prioritise effectively in the context of multiple responsibilities.
- Well-developed report writing skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent project management and problem solving capability.
- It is important that applicants are capable of working on their own initiative as well as operating as part of a wider team.
A full driving licence and use of a car are essential, as this role will involve travelling throughout the Archdiocese to the 46 parishes as a regular part of the role.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This post is initially being offered on a one-year fixed term contract basis with the option to extend beyond that time frame.
The Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
The Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly is a registered charity and regulated by the Charities Regulatory Authority.
Interested parties should submit a detailed cv and any other relevant supporting documentation to:
Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications by post or email, on or before 5pm on Tuesday, 26th February 2019.