LGBT Champions Network Coordinator
LGBT Ireland is a national organisation which provides support services to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) people and their families across the country. Informed by the issues and experiences raised through our frontline services we also provide training and advocacy supports to enhance the visibility, inclusion and rights of LGBT+ people living in Ireland.
Purpose of this Post:
LGBT Ireland has developed a specific training programme for Health and Social Care professionals working in Older Age Services. The LGBT Champions programme, is designed to enhance participants’ knowledge, skills and confidence in meeting the care needs of older LGBT+ people and in championing greater LGBT+ awareness, visibility and inclusion in their services. Participants who complete the training programme also have access to the LGBT Champions network which provides ongoing support, training and networking events.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to be part of this new innovative programme. The post holder will be involved in the further design and development of the programme, in growing the network of Champions, and in developing an advocacy campaign to enhance visibility and inclusion of older LGBT+ people within the Irish Health and Social Care sectors.
Structure of this Post
This is a fulltime post on a one-year fixed contract. The post holder will report directly to the Training Manager.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all aspects of the programme’s training workshops including; promotion of the workshops, dealing with enquiries, and the production of training materials.
- Coordinating all aspects of the programme’s network events (regional and national) including; promotion of the network events, and the production of event materials.
- Provide ongoing support to network members through regular communication and timely responses to requests for specific supports.
- Develop and support a panel of older LGBT+ speakers to provide inputs at the training events.
- Developing online and offline communications and training tools to effectively engage with and disseminate learning to, the network of Champions (e.g.) developing webinars on topical issues.
- Liaising with, and supporting the training manager and regional trainers with the delivery of the national and regional training workshops.
- Working with the CEO and Training manager in ongoing development work, including with business planning and marketing campaigns for the programme.
- Provide regular and timely reports on the programme, including reports required by donors.
- Attend meetings, and represent the organisation at external events, when required.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- Degree level or equivalent in work experience in an education/training/health/social care related discipline.
- At least 4 years’ experience of coordinating training or education programmes or similar.
- Evidence of working on own initiative, with a proactive approach.
- Evidence of participating well in a team.
- Evidence of effective project management and working to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to develop good working relationships with, and encourage active participation by, a range of stakeholders.
- Sensitivity derived from experience of working with vulnerable groups.
- Excellent computing and technology skills.
The ideal candidate is likely to also have the following desirable qualities:
- Experience of working within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Understanding of the experiences and the specific health needs of Older LGBT+ people.
The salary scale for this post ranges from €32,076 to €41,656, salary offered will be subject to experience.
How to Apply
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 21st January 2019
For more information about this role or to find out more about LGBT Ireland please email firstname.lastname@example.org