24/7 Telephone Helpline Counsellors,
Dublin - Sessional Basis
The Pieta House 24/7 Suicide Helpline is a confidential and professional service providing telephone/SMS counselling, support, advice and referral for people who may be feeling suicidal, engaging in self-harm, bereaved through suicide and for concerned friends or family members.
Pieta House is presently recruiting Helpline Counsellors / Psychotherapists to join our existing team who work 3x 8 hour shifts on a sessional basis.
As the 24/7 Suicide Helpline is a 24 hour, 7 day a week service, the successful candidates will need to be flexible and available to work on shifts spread over the 24 hour day, including night shifts and weekends. On average Helpline Counsellors work 3 eight hour shifts per week, on a rotating basis.
Applicants must be fully qualified Counsellors, Psychotherapists or Counselling Psychologists. Although training will be given to successful candidates, training and experience working with those at risk of or affected by suicide is also desirable.
Due to the specialised nature of this work, it is imperative for all applicants to show evidence of their personal therapy work. Group supervision and case management is provided onsite and it is necessary that the successful candidates attend their own supervision. Successful candidates are required to have personal indemnity insurance.
The ideal candidates will:
- Meet with the above outlined criteria and flexibility
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, decision-making and assessment skills
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with Callers using the stated policies and procedures of the Helpline
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House
- Receive ongoing external supervision
- Attend internal group supervision once monthly
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times
Applications should be submitted by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include CV and cover letter outlining your particular suitability to the role.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019.
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Pieta House is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability or membership of the travelling community.