ECO-UNESCO seeks to employ a Programme Coordinator (f/t) to oversee the running of our Young Environmentalist Awards programme.
This is a position of responsibility within ECO-UNESCO. As Programme Coordinator you will manage the running and delivery of our Young Environmentalist Awards programme and manage engagement with members, participants, the general public and the media.
Reporting to: Operations and Development Manager of ECO-UNESCO
Location: ECO-UNESCO’S Headquarters at 9 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 with travel required occasionally
Time commitment: Full/time (35 hours)
Flexibility is required with the expectation of evening and weekend work.
Fixed Term Contract (2 years) – subject to completion of a 6 month probationary period and to continued funding
- Running all phases of the Young Environmentalist Awards (YEA) programme, Irelands all island environmental awards programme for 10-18 year olds including;
- Administration, promotion & registration
- Local volunteer/group leader support
- YEA Roadshow and group visits
- Information days
- Leader/teacher/youth trainings
- Support of groups
- Judging and evaluation
as outlined in the Young Environmentalist Awards Annual Plan.
- Increasing numbers of projects and participants taking part in the programme from secondary schools, youth groups, youthreach centres and community groups on an a regional (all-Ireland) and per category basis.
- Increasing sponsorship and funding for the Young Environmentalist Awards programme.
- Supporting and up skilling groups in the use and implementation of the YEA ‘6-Steps to Success’ framework for developing their local environmental action projects & increasing use of the YEA Transition Year module and supporting teachers in its use.
- In conjunction with the Communications Officer, organising ECO-Dens in four regions and the Annual Young Environmentalist Showcase and Awards Ceremony.
- Supporting the development and progression of Young Environmentalist Awards groups in the establishment of ECO-UNESCO clubs and supporting these Clubs as part of the national network of ECO-UNESCO Clubs.
- Updating the Young Environmentalist Handbook and writing other educational resources as required.
- Evaluating the programme on an ongoing basis and carrying out an end of year evaluation.
- Liaising and supporting ECO-UNESCO’s other Youth and Education programmes to participate in the YEA programme
- Working with the National Director, research and establish new elements for the Young Environmentalist Awards programme.
- Assisting with other areas of ECO-UNESCO’s programmes and service work
Fundraising & Grant writing
- Identify funding and sponsorship opportunities for the Young Environmentalist Awards and related programmes,
- In conjunction with Management team, develop a fundraising and sponsorship strategy and work on ECO-UNESCO’s response to these.
- Liaising with schools, youth groups, VEC’s, media partners and others
- Promoting ECO-UNESCO through talks, workshops, seminars and presentations
- Reporting on a regular basis to the National Director, Board of Directors and Government departments
- Undertaking any other such relevant duties as directed
This role description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and can be amended. ECO-UNESCO reserves the right to reassign staff as appropriate and necessary.
Position Start Date: Monday 13 August 2018
Interview Date: Week beginning 2 July 2018 (provisional)
Remuneration: Starting Salary (commensurate with experience)
Closing Date for receipt of Applications – Wednesday 27th June 2018 at 5pm
Please send a copy of a completed Application Form with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org