ST. MARY’S CENTRE (TELFORD)
185-201 MERRION ROAD
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford)Registered Disability Service providing Care for Adults in an Assisted Living environment and specialising in care for visually impaired ladies has a vacancy for Social care assistants to join our dynamic team. We aim to support our residents to be as active and independent as possible in realising their potential and integrating in their local community and events. We support residents in a homely and relaxed atmosphere and while resident’s primary disability may be visual impairment some residents also have intellectual and mental health support needs.
Applications are invited for the post of:
Full-time Social Care Assistants for the Disability Services Centre (Telford Houses & Apartments).
Remuneration will be at the appropriate point of the HSE Pay-scale
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is a specialised healthcare facility for visually impaired ladies. Successful applicants will be required to have good communication skills and must satisfy all requirements under the HIQA Regulations with regard to Garda Vetting, References and all documentation required under Schedule 2 of the Health Act 2007, Regulations 2013.
Applicants for Role of Social Care Staff in the Telford Houses & Apartments should have the following:
- Third Level qualification in Social Care, Psychology, Community Care or Nursing
- Minimum qualification level FETAC Level 6
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in Disability Sector
- To promote and nurture Person Centred Planning and shared goal setting
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with ability to adapt to new environments
- Care planning experience
- Report writing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Disability Standards and Regulations
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Basic Computer skills would be advantageous
Please submit a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Application Letter with the names of two referees to the Social Care Manager, Grainne McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Close of Business on Monday 2nd March at 5pm.
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is an equal opportunities employer.