ST. MARY’S CENTRE (TELFORD)
185-201 MERRION ROAD
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) Disability Service providing Care for Adults in an Assisted Living environment and specialising in care for visually impaired ladies has a vacancy for two psychiatric nurses to join our dynamic team. We aim to support our residents to be as active and independent as possible in realising their potential and integrating in their local community and events. We support residents in a homely and relaxed atmosphere and while resident’s primary disability may be visual impairment some residents also have intellectual and mental health support needs.
Applications are invited for the post of:
Full-time Psychiatric Nurse for the Registered Disability Services Centre (Telford Houses & Apartments).
Remuneration will be at the appropriate point of the HSE Staff Nurse Pay-scale
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is a specialised healthcare facility for visually impaired ladies. Successful applicants will be required to have good communication skills, experience in supporting residents with mental health and intellectual disability. Experience of working with persons with acquired brain injury would be advantage. Applicants must satisfy all requirements under the HIQA Regulations with regard to Garda Vetting, References and all documentation required under Schedule 2 of the Health Act 2007, Regulations 2013.
Applicants for Role of Psychiatric Nurse in the Telford Houses & Apartments should have the following:
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Be registered on the Psychiatric Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Be flexible in relation to work pattern.
- Have a clear, open and friendly communication style with the ability to respond quickly and appropriately across a variety of situations.
- Have a clear commitment to person-centred care.
- Have fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to new environments
- Care planning Experience
- Report writing experience
- Basic Computer skills would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of HIQA Regulations for Disabilty
- Have completed Mental Health Act Training
Please submit a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Application Letter with the names of two referees to the Social Care Manager, Grainne McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Close of Business on Monday 2nd March at 5pm.
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is an equal opportunities employer.