Online Community Manager
Full Time Fixed Term Contract (10 Months with Potential to Extend)
Turn2me.org is an innovative online professional mental health service and registered charity with 10 years of clinical and technological expertise in the provision and training of best practice clinical services online. Founded in 2009 by Oisin and Diarmuid Scollard stemming from the tragic loss of their brother Cormac to suicide, we are supported by the HSE’s National Office for Suicide Prevention and the Department of Health to provide a safe, professional and confidential mental health service online, reduce stigma and prevent suicide and self-harm.
This is an exciting period of development and growth for us and we are recruiting an Online Community Manager with relevant training and experience working with young people to join our team.
About the Role:
The Online Community Manager works with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement the community vision and strategy across both our youth and adult audiences.
The role oversees the building, engagement and promotion of the online peer community and the recruitment, training and support of the community volunteers who play a crucial role in building and sustaining our online communities.
The following skills, experience and competencies are required for this role:
- Degree or equivalent in a health-related field (Youth Work, Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Development, Social Sciences or related)
- Ability to engage and support service users and team members with empathy, compassion and a non-judgmental positive regard
- Demonstrated experience working with young people 12-18 either online or face-to-face around peer support and mental health
- Proven experience manging volunteers
- Experience developing and delivering in service training
- Experience managing mental health risk and safety issues relating to service users (including suicide intervention & prevention)
- A commitment to youth participation and engagement
- Strong communication skills
- A proficiency and confidence in using technology
- A flexible, team focused approach to your work
Applying is easy: Just email us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: Tuesday 28th January 2020 by 5pm