Service Manager: Cork
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the area’s of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programme’s are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with external support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation.
- Attractive Salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Flexible working hours over a 7 day roster
- Continuous professional development
- Development and Career opportunities
Job Title: Aftercare/Disability Service Manager
Applications considered via: E-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 28/02/2020
Proposed Interview Dates: T.B.A
Contact for Informal Enquiries: email@example.com
Location of Post: Office based in Glanmire, Co Cork. The post will involve travel between client homes in a number of locations in Cork and other locations as required
Purpose of Role: The Service Manager will lead and be responsible for the management and effective delivery of Barróg Healthcare Services in their assigned area. The Service Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 9am – 6pm to include one hours break. The role will also include a rostered on call service.
- Provide direct line management, supervision and leadership for the service in accordance with the service delivery model.
- Ensure follow through and accountability on any responsibilities in relation to young people/vulnerable adults as agreed.
- Keep the referral agents fully informed an up to date on all significant matters relating to the delivery of service.
- Manage enquiries, complaints and allegations from young people/vulnerable adults engaged with the service in accordance with National Policy and Service Policy Guidance documents.
- Seek the advice of relevant personnel as required.
- Contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, safe, caring, stable and supportive environment.
- Ensure the involvement of young people and vulnerable adults in decision making on matters that affect their lives, at the individual and collective levels and proactively promote within the service provision a range of structures, procedures, processes and practices to give young people and vulnerable adults the opportunity to have their voices heard and valued.
- Oversee Service projects e.g. Service forums/induction/training days ect…
- Provide direct support and encourage progression within the team posted to your assigned area.
- Be responsible for the probationary appraisal of the team and the completion of probationary reports as required.
- Possess the National Diploma in Childcare awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland, (QQI) (formely HETAC) / DIT OR
- Possess the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) (formely HETAC) / DIT OR
- Possess the Diploma in Social Care awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) (formely HETAC) / DIT OR
- Possess the Diploma in Applied Social Studies/Social Care from DIT OR
- Possess a BA (Ord) in Social Care Practice (Level 7 on the QQI framework) Posses Open Training College National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disability) OR
- Possess an equivalent qualification and or equivalent social care qualification from another jurisdiction.
- Have a minimum of five years experience working in Child Protection/Community Care or other child and family services with a similarly challenging client group.
- Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability for the proper discharge of duties of the office) with a minimum of three year’s proven experience in a leadership role.
- Candidates must have a suitable standard of professional attainments.
- Candidates must have proficient IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft packages ie; word, excel ect… and be familiar with an email package.
The following training is mandatory:
- Administration of Medication, Childrens First, First Aid, Fire Safety, Safeguarding, MAPA,
If you wish to apply for this post, please forward you CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jennifer Jones. All applications and enquiries will be replied to promptly. A full job description and rate of pay for this role is available upon request.