Full Time / Part Time Healthcare Assistant:
Cork / Kilkenny / Waterford / Kerry / Limerick
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the area’s of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programme’s are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with external support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation.
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Flexible working hours over a 7 day roster
- Continuous professional development
- Development and Career opportunities
- Employee uniform provided
- Sunday rate of pay applicable to all roles
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Applications considered via: E-mail, email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing
Proposed Interview Dates: T.B.A
Location of Post: A panel will be formed to fill vacancies. While locations will vary, in this instance we are specifically looking for candidates in the above mentioned area’s.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support service user’s with an intellectual / physical disability, autism or mental health.
- Ensure service user’s are supported to make sense of their environment, learn new skills and maximise their independence
- Actively promote the participation of service user’s in the formulation and execution of their placement plan.
- Accompany service user’s to appointments and other events as required
- Assist service user’s that have reduced mobility.
- Support service user’s with their health and well-being, personal care including continence requirements if required.
- Undertake duties as may be assigned by your direct manager/team leader to support the care of service user’s.
- Minimum of FETAC Level 5
- Training in the following: Patient Movement, Manuel Handling, Safe Administration of Medication, First Aid, Safeguarding, Fire Safety, Hand Hygiene, MAPA, Hand Hygiene, Childrens First
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards
- Available to work over a 7 day roster to include shift work when necessary
Rate of Pay:
- A starting rate of €13.00ph applies to this role
Experience in related sector’s would be an asset
If you wish to apply for this post, please forward you CV along with a cover letter including your preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org / or post to Unit 9 Newlands Business Park, Newlands Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22. All applications and enquiries will be replied to promptly. A full job description and rate of pay for this role is available upon request.